What is Manchester to you?

Born and raised on Langley I'm the only one in the family that's not a 'true' Mancunian parents from ancoats and collyhurst that raised my siblings in ardwick beswick and bradford but I'll always count myself as a Mancunian

Born in Mississippi, grew up in Northants due to the old man being in the USAF, all my trips were to Maine Rd, hardly went into the City. Went back last year for the Derby and Bournemouth, there for the rain out with BMG, first time ever in the Etihad. Not a manc, just a ****

From Eccles, consider myself a Manc.

I have consistently argued with Salford RLFC fans from Salford that many people from Salford consider themselves Manc. They argue that pretty much everyone from Salford regard themselves as Salfordian.

Based on your experience, who is right?

I'm from Denton, Tameside but unlike Ashton and Duki we have an M postcode and the accent is more like Manchester , I suppose I consider myself Mancunian but some would not. Couldn't care less its enough for me.

Not directed at you but touches in the postal district point....

Irlam has an M postcode but Heaton Moor has an SK postcode. It cannot be that those in Irlam should be regarded as 'more' Manc. If you wanted to argue on the basis of geography, then Irlam is pretty much equidistant between Manchester city centre and Warrington (plastic scouse ;) ).

I don't think it is for me to say whether or not someone regard themselves as Manc. Someone's identity is what they feel. Let's say if someone was born in Pakistan but lives in England and claims they are English, who is it for me, or anyone else, to say they are not? They are English as far as I am concerned as that is what they consider themselves to be.

Born and raised on Langley I'm the only one in the family that's not a 'true' Mancunian parents from ancoats and collyhurst that raised my siblings in ardwick beswick and bradford but I'll always count myself as a Mancunian

So where does the border end? I was in Failsworth for a short while and the locals said it was Oldham. I guess that's Greater Manchester and not Manchester itself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.