What is Manchester to you?

i dont agree, plenty of people talk like that, not as strong maybe. my mum was brought up in levenshulme and lived in burnage swell and i know people from all over manchester that talk that way. its just a manc accent, but liam gallagehr exaggerates it a bit. depends on the area aswell, for example didsbury lots of people dont have the accent, go to the wythenshawe and its really strong.
Go to Wythenshawe? I'm born, bred and live here thanks;)
All I was saying is that he tends to exaggerate the Burnage dialect much more. Maybe it's because the 90's or whenever it was was cool to come out of Manchester and talk and chew gum with your mouth wide open at the same time;)

Go to Wythenshawe? I'm born, bred and live here thanks;)
All I was saying is that he tends to exaggerate the Burnage dialect much more. Maybe it's because the 90's or whenever it was was cool to come out of Manchester and talk and chew gum with your mouth wide open at the same time;)

oh right aha :) yea agree mate he does exaggerate it. i always laugh at the kevin and perry sketch of a mancunian, sums it up.

Born at St Marys Hospital, lived in Ardwick for the first 3 years of my life, then moved to Langley and been in Middleton ever since.

We have our own accent. Other Greater Manchester folk thing we sound scouse. Do not see it myself.

Yes - manc. Great Grandparents are German but came to work in the mills in ancoats and I am still working in that area today. Born in st Mary's and lived on fog lane burnage for 25 years. Since then chorlton, urmston, worlsey and Aston by budworth. But will always be Mancunian. Very proud of this city.

I'm from Denton, Tameside but unlike Ashton and Duki we have an M postcode and the accent is more like Manchester , I suppose I consider myself Mancunian but some would not. Couldn't care less its enough for me.

I lived in Heywood until I was 18, then moved to Lincolnshire where I still live now; I never considered Heywood to be part of Manchester, it was always Lancashire to me, even though we were only a few miles away!

Since I moved down here, I always said I was from near Manchester, never actually from there, despite it sounding cooler to people if I was a proper Manc.

It annoys me that most people round here say they're from Peterborough, yet it's about 30 miles away, and is a pathetic excuse for a city!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.