What is Manchester to you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 28 Jun 2017.

1. normskih

normskih

Go to Wythenshawe? I'm born, bred and live here thanks;)
    All I was saying is that he tends to exaggerate the Burnage dialect much more. Maybe it's because the 90's or whenever it was was cool to come out of Manchester and talk and chew gum with your mouth wide open at the same time;)

2. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

oh right aha :) yea agree mate he does exaggerate it. i always laugh at the kevin and perry sketch of a mancunian, sums it up.

3. mayo31

mayo31

Born at St Marys Hospital, lived in Ardwick for the first 3 years of my life, then moved to Langley and been in Middleton ever since.

We have our own accent. Other Greater Manchester folk thing we sound scouse. Do not see it myself.

4. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Yes - manc. Great Grandparents are German but came to work in the mills in ancoats and I am still working in that area today. Born in st Mary's and lived on fog lane burnage for 25 years. Since then chorlton, urmston, worlsey and Aston by budworth. But will always be Mancunian. Very proud of this city.

5. EL APACHE TEVEZ

EL APACHE TEVEZ

Ancoats Born and Bred.

6. PinkFinal

PinkFinal

I'm from Denton, Tameside but unlike Ashton and Duki we have an M postcode and the accent is more like Manchester , I suppose I consider myself Mancunian but some would not. Couldn't care less its enough for me.

7. I'm from Stockport but live in Manchester so it's my home, and is cooler than Stockport.

I'm a cunt

BluePar100 likes this.
  8. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

City side of ancoats or Oldham road side?

Makes me laugh how they have just divided it with new Islington! Who decided on that?

9. Adidas Sharston

Adidas Sharston

I was born here and i'll probably die here. Zab was born in Argentina but he's still a manc it's only a label.

10. Whichonespink

Whichonespink

I lived in Heywood until I was 18, then moved to Lincolnshire where I still live now; I never considered Heywood to be part of Manchester, it was always Lancashire to me, even though we were only a few miles away!

Since I moved down here, I always said I was from near Manchester, never actually from there, despite it sounding cooler to people if I was a proper Manc.

It annoys me that most people round here say they're from Peterborough, yet it's about 30 miles away, and is a pathetic excuse for a city!