What is Manchester to you?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 28 Jun 2017.

1. DTKOAG

DTKOAG

Ardwick born and bred.

2. Adidas Sharston

Adidas Sharston

Me mum lived in Bennett Street flats near the railway lines.

3. citykev28

citykev28

in the away end at hillsborough clapping benarbia
    From Eccles, consider myself a Manc.

4. Tanzeylee

Tanzeylee

Born and raised on Langley I'm the only one in the family that's not a 'true' Mancunian parents from ancoats and collyhurst that raised my siblings in ardwick beswick and bradford but I'll always count myself as a Mancunian

5. idahoblues

idahoblues

Born in Mississippi, grew up in Northants due to the old man being in the USAF, all my trips were to Maine Rd, hardly went into the City. Went back last year for the Derby and Bournemouth, there for the rain out with BMG, first time ever in the Etihad. Not a manc, just a cunt

6. Manc in London

Manc in London

I have consistently argued with Salford RLFC fans from Salford that many people from Salford consider themselves Manc. They argue that pretty much everyone from Salford regard themselves as Salfordian.

Based on your experience, who is right?

7. peoffrey

peoffrey

The world hates you.

8. Manc in London

Manc in London

Not directed at you but touches in the postal district point....

Irlam has an M postcode but Heaton Moor has an SK postcode. It cannot be that those in Irlam should be regarded as 'more' Manc. If you wanted to argue on the basis of geography, then Irlam is pretty much equidistant between Manchester city centre and Warrington (plastic scouse ;) ).

I don't think it is for me to say whether or not someone regard themselves as Manc. Someone's identity is what they feel. Let's say if someone was born in Pakistan but lives in England and claims they are English, who is it for me, or anyone else, to say they are not? They are English as far as I am concerned as that is what they consider themselves to be.

9. peoffrey

peoffrey

So where does the border end? I was in Failsworth for a short while and the locals said it was Oldham. I guess that's Greater Manchester and not Manchester itself.

10. Pablo1

Pablo1

Harsh, some of his posts make me think he's a bit of a dick sometimes but I don't hate him.