The Boxing thread

Embarrassing and a sad reflection on society that people actually find these two entertaining
Agree with that 1million fucking percent. I hate them both. So many idiots get fooled by these acts time and time again, it's like they have no brains to actually think. Mayweather and Mcgregor must be laughing their bollocks off at how many simpletons they can fool to hand them over a couple of hundred million.

I don't know why the crowd were so behind Mayweather. He's obviously a top class bell end. He did nothing entertaining on the stage and just did a shite robot dance and walked back and forth shouting 'yeahhh!' Repeatedly. I think McGregor certainly overdid the insults though when he told the crowd to suck his dick etc etc that was a bit too much.
in what way were they behind him. they booed him, shouted sit down shut up the whole time he was talking, wtf are u on about

The worst thing thing people can do is assume the result of a fight with unknown variables. I think people mistake that 'bigger fighters' like Canelo haven't managed to knock out Mayweather. Mayweather is a very astute fighter, no doubt, but he gets caught. McG would have to entice him to fight him, in order to win. Mayweather likes to stand and trade with his opponents to see where/ they're/ he's at.

I think if McG relies on single shot fighting, he's fooked and he doesn't do high volume fighting. But, the trade off is FM's bravado to stand and fight in small moments towards the end of a round. A guide right and Mayweather moving to McG's left should see a straight left from McG, but it depends on how quick he is to see it.

Now, let's get this straight; they don't like each other and it's a battle of egos.

I don't think this will change the momentum of each sport, positively or negatively.

It's simply Mayweather vs McGregor, not boxing vs MMA.

Seriously mate, Mcgreggor won't even have the punching power to stop Floyd - it's a completely different ball game, not only in terms of punch resistance but transferral of power also... Mcgreggor will be punching somewhere between bantam and featherweight, it won't be enough.... also people are discounting conditioning, the pace will be set and controlled by mayweather, a veteran of it, no breathers here for Connor..... there's a reason novices work there way up from 4/6/8 to 12 rounds!!!

Seriously mate, Mcgreggor won't even have the punching power to stop Floyd - it's a completely different ball game, not only in terms of punch resistance but transferral of power also... Mcgreggor will be punching somewhere between bantam and featherweight, it won't be enough.... also people are discounting conditioning, the pace will be set and controlled by mayweather, a veteran of it, no breathers here for Connor..... there's a reason novices work there way up from 4/6/8 to 12 rounds!!!

You're assuming Zin.

So, a good example is Junior Dos Santos, whose primary skill is boxing in MMA. He's knocked out plenty and been KO'd too. JDS often starts well in his bouts, gets over confident and gets caught. Mayweather is GOING to stand and trade once he gets comfy. He's done it all his life and he won't break a habit now.

There's not much difference in bout times in boxing and MMA and once you're over the hump and get your 'second wind' as a trained professional, you get it, no matter which discipline it's in. See Anthony Joshua's first foray into 11 rounds.

20-25mins of grappling, surviving choke holds, attempting choke holds, taking an opponent's full body weight, throws, punches and kicks would surely extend to 36 mins of throwing punches that have a lot of rest periods too.

I wouldn't count McG out on fitness for that.

Your reading of the weight class is inaccurate. This clash will take place at 155 pounds. McG last fought (and won) against Diaz at 170 pounds. His power transfer made the difference as you could tell by Nate Diaz's face afterwards.

I think this will not be the walkover many assume.

You're assuming Zin.

So, a good example is Junior Dos Santos, whose primary skill is boxing in MMA. He's knocked out plenty and been KO'd too. JDS often starts well in his bouts, gets over confident and gets caught. Mayweather is GOING to stand and trade once he gets comfy. He's done it all his life and he won't break a habit now.

There's not much difference in bout times in boxing and MMA and once you're over the hump and get your 'second wind' as a trained professional, you get it, no matter which discipline it's in. See Anthony Joshua's first foray into 11 rounds.

20-25mins of grappling, surviving choke holds, attempting choke holds, taking an opponent's full body weight, throws, punches and kicks would surely extend to 36 mins of throwing punches that have a lot of rest periods too.

I wouldn't count McG out on fitness for that.

Your reading of the weight class is inaccurate. This clash will take place at 155 pounds. McG last fought (and won) against Diaz at 170 pounds. His power transfer made the difference as you could tell by Nate Diaz's face afterwards.

I think this will not be the walkover many assume.

Not an assumption mate, first hand knowledge...

It's your reading of the post that is inaacurate, pal, there's a measured difference in weight transferral between the disciplines, it isn't an off the cuff remark, it's rooted in fact. The ability to punch isn't about how hard but how to do it correctly and accurately, a mean average of 10 punches thrown by mayweather in contrast to McGregor would highlight this on any scale... ... you're equating a one off punch from McGregor as enough and is essentially the idea of 'a punchers chance'....

The fact you have compared an mma's fighters conditioning to a professional boxers is all i need to know... anyway, RIP Barry Norman (:

Not an assumption mate, first hand knowledge...

It's your reading of the post that is inaacurate, pal, there's a measured difference in weight transferral between the disciplines, it isn't an off the cuff remark, it's rooted in fact. The ability to punch isn't about how hard but how to do it correctly and accurately, a mean average of 10 punches thrown by mayweather in contrast to McGregor would highlight this on any scale... ... you're equating a one off punch from McGregor as enough and is essentially the idea of 'a punchers chance'....

The fact you have compared an mma's fighters conditioning to a professional boxers is all i need to know... anyway, RIP Barry Norman (:

That's very 'high horse' for you, Zin!! Unexpected!

I'm extrapolating the data from constant forms of fighting and movement to an lessened discipline and thinking it's not too far a jump in fitness. I don't think it's an unfair educated guess. If you take it the other way, are you assuming a boxer could do all the forms in MMA at a constant level for 25 mins? Cos that's what you're saying!

And, btw, I'm not equating a 'one off punch' to anything, I'm using the data Mayweather, himself, offers; the temptation to stand and trade once gets comfy. Who knows at what point that will be, in the fight? But, he DOES do it! His 'rope-a-dope' is the only thing that saves him and he likes to do it.

I remember Shane Moseley catching him and it wasn't at distance, IIRC, they were close quarters. That shows Mayweather takes risks.

I wouldn't count out McG due to Mayweather's own ego.

That's very 'high horse' for you, Zin!! Unexpected!

I'm extrapolating the data from constant forms of fighting and movement to an lessened discipline and thinking it's not too far a jump in fitness. I don't think it's an unfair educated guess. If you take it the other way, are you assuming a boxer could do all the forms in MMA at a constant level for 25 mins? Cos that's what you're saying!

And, btw, I'm not equating a 'one off punch' to anything, I'm using the data Mayweather, himself, offers; the temptation to stand and trade once gets comfy. Who knows at what point that will be, in the fight? But, he DOES do it! His 'rope-a-dope' is the only thing that saves him and he likes to do it.

I remember Shane Moseley catching him and it wasn't at distance, IIRC, they were close quarters. That shows Mayweather takes risks.

I wouldn't count out McG due to Mayweather's own ego.

There's a reason it's under Queensbury rules, bigg...

Mate 'visualising' the data, as you call it, is from a laymans pov, any trainer/fighter worth his salt is reinforcing what I've just told you, McGregor punches nowhere near the level of a professional boxer, its isn't meant as 'high horse', it's from experience, I've sparred with a number of mma fighters who would tell you the same, that's not even accounting for the gloves....

I'm sorry but we disagree, it's not the end of the world mate!

Never been a fan of Mayweather and his style of fighting but i appreciate his skill set and accomplishments. Hate McGregor and his huge fucking ego and took great delight in seeing him tap out against Nate Diaz.

Hopefully Mayweather will take him to school and McGregor goes back to the UFC with his tail between his legs and actually defends his belt for once!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.