The Boxing thread

That's very 'high horse' for you, Zin!! Unexpected!

I'm extrapolating the data from constant forms of fighting and movement to an lessened discipline and thinking it's not too far a jump in fitness. I don't think it's an unfair educated guess. If you take it the other way, are you assuming a boxer could do all the forms in MMA at a constant level for 25 mins? Cos that's what you're saying!

And, btw, I'm not equating a 'one off punch' to anything, I'm using the data Mayweather, himself, offers; the temptation to stand and trade once gets comfy. Who knows at what point that will be, in the fight? But, he DOES do it! His 'rope-a-dope' is the only thing that saves him and he likes to do it.

I remember Shane Moseley catching him and it wasn't at distance, IIRC, they were close quarters. That shows Mayweather takes risks.

I wouldn't count out McG due to Mayweather's own ego.

You may think it looks like he takes risks but he's a master in the ring and knows exactly when he can be up close , you think if he took many risks given the amount of elite fighters he's fought he wouldn't have gone down once
Mosley caught him sweet twice the second while he was still a little shaken from the first and he still didn't go down
McGregor IMO can only win with a lucky punch that knocks him cold, even a knockdown Mayweather will have the guile to survive
I've not seen all his fights but I've never seen him KO someone clean,

There's a reason it's under Queensbury rules, bigg...

Mate 'visualising' the data, as you call it, is from a laymans pov, any trainer/fighter worth his salt is reinforcing what I've just told you, McGregor punches nowhere near the level of a professional boxer, its isn't meant as 'high horse', it's from experience, I've sparred with a number of mma fighters who would tell you the same, that's not even accounting for the gloves....

I'm sorry but we disagree, it's not the end of the world mate!

Nobody claims McG is boxer. His own trainer says he's "...getting better" which should tell you a lot. An MMA fighter splits his skill set over an amount discipline; a Jack of all trades as it were.

What I'm saying is McG has an amateur boxing background, is training to box, so has that "puncher's chance" that you dismiss him of. I'm open to what can happen; not judgemental.

Nobody claims McG is boxer. His own trainer says he's "...getting better" which should tell you a lot. An MMA fighter splits his skill set over an amount discipline; a Jack of all trades as it were.

What I'm saying is McG has an amateur boxing background, is training to box, so has that "puncher's chance" that you dismiss him of. I'm open to what can happen; not judgemental.

Improve all he wants, he's cramming in against a veteran of ring craft - I hope he makes it a fight, however I've seen enough against Diaz, who literally made him take a knee in boxing terms, and was gassed after 6 minutes because of his limited engine....

it isn't judgemental, bigg, it's weighing up variables..... it's why you'll likely get 8/1 on a McGregor win, outrageous odds... I hope you're backing him??

Cynical, but there's no reality where I think they haven't and won't sit down and discuss everything that is going to happen in this 'fight' before it does. It'll go the distance, there'll be spots where it looks like McGregor might actually be able to knock him out before Floyd wins on points setting up the rematch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.