Samir Nasri

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did watch the Leicester game ?

He was nowhere near it.

The Leicester game was aroud the time his performances tailed off. You can choose to use that as a measuring stick, or you could look at the games vs. Madrid when he was incredible, or even the fact Sevilla were legitimately challenging for the title until he dropped off.

At times last season he was absolutely phenomenal, in the best form of his life, Sampaoli giving him this ridiculous free role where he would play wherever they needed him, starting moves off at the back, popping up in the box, creating overloads on the wing, he was running the games against Real where Sevilla were the better side.

The question really is why did he fall off so drastically, and is it because after a year out injured he just didn't have the legs to keep up Sampaoli's insane pressing and high tempo for the whole season, which I think is the case.

Look back to before the Leicester game last season and you'll see loads of articles like this one -

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/19/samir-nasri-sevilla-leicester-city-champions-league

Where Nasri is described as, aside from Messi, the stand out player of the first half of the Spanish season, or Sampaoli describing him as the guy who gives the team oxygen.

There's no doubt his ability is still there.

Last edited:
he is not in it for the football anymore its just the money and picking up his wage that frills him and loves the limelight and mixing with the wrong people but i will say when he was on it and hunger for glory the lad was magic had that little bit more than silva in front of goal yes silva is the better player in his all round game but lacks the eye for goals but silva still loves the game of football

I'll never understand why Silva is not scoring more goals for us. His record for Spain is pretty good, he is scoring a goal per 197 minute for Spain, probably much better in last 2-3 years, I have a feeling he scores each game recently and in the league for City it's 443 minutes.

He won't be good for the dressing room, needs to go.

Says who?

I don't think anyone at City has ever complained about Nasri's attitude, in fact if I'm not mistaken he was one of the most popular players in the dressing room. I don't think he's going to be back in the squad this season, but neither attitude or ability will be the reasons.

I'll never understand why Silva is not scoring more goals for us. His record for Spain is pretty good, he is scoring a goal per 197 minute for Spain, probably much better in last 2-3 years, I have a feeling he scores each game recently and in the league for City it's 443 minutes.

That's easy - it's because he doesn't have to.

Look at his Spain record when Torres & Villa were at their peak and it's like his City one, look at his City record when Aguero is injured and it's like his Spain one.

He scores when the team needs a goalscorer, otherwise he prefers to create goals.

That's easy - it's because he doesn't have to.

Look at his Spain record when Torres & Villa were at their peak and it's like his City one, look at his City record when Aguero is injured and it's like his Spain one.

He scores when the team needs a goalscorer, otherwise he prefers to create goals.

To be honest his shots sometimes look like he's six years old. I agree it's probably the system the main reason he is scoring more goals for Spain but I somehow just don't feel positive if he's the one to score it for City :(. Shame as that's the one thing that is harming his legacy in general football world, some more goals for City and he would surely be seen by everyone as one of the best ever in PL.

Dave is not the one whose opinion about Nasri I'd take seriously. He hated Nasri when he was the first name on team sheet for both Mancini and Pellegrini. He didn't think he's good enough back then so he surely doesn't think he's good enough now. Though that's probably true at this point, doubt he's in state to offer strong competition to players around his position now.

I was dead right about him, wasn't I?

And I know he scored a great goal versus Chelsea before anyone says.

"First name on the teamsheet". PMSL!!!!!!

The Leicester game was aroud the time his performances tailed off. You can choose to use that as a measuring stick, or you could look at the games vs. Madrid when he was incredible, or even the fact Sevilla were legitimately challenging for the title until he dropped off.

At times last season he was absolutely phenomenal, in the best form of his life, Sampaoli giving him this ridiculous free role where he would play wherever they needed him, starting moves off at the back, popping up in the box, creating overloads on the wing, he was running the games against Real where Sevilla were the better side.

The question really is why did he fall off so drastically, and is it because after a year out injured he just didn't have the legs to keep up Sampaoli's insane pressing and high tempo for the whole season, which I think is the case.

Look back to before the Leicester game last season and you'll see loads of articles like this one -

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/19/samir-nasri-sevilla-leicester-city-champions-league

Where Nasri is described as, aside from Messi, the stand out player of the first half of the Spanish season, or Sampaoli describing him as the guy who gives the team oxygen.

There's no doubt his ability is still there.
He was playing as the pivot for Sevilla and did it very well. Played like Thiago for a little bit there. Then Leicester happen. I don’t think Pep is going to put up with that kind of shit - part of the reason why I think Pep banished Nolito. He can’t count on him to be levelheaded in big games.

I was dead right about him, wasn't I?

And I know he scored a great goal versus Chelsea before anyone says.

"First name on the teamsheet". PMSL!!!!!!

You were not. He played many more games since you thought he was shit :D

I was never a fan,he's an arrogant prick who never looked like he wanted to be here.One of our worst signings of recent times IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.