Samir Nasri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you being serious? He was Sevilla's player of the season before injury struck and fitness went down hill. That's his main problem. Pep has done wonders with Yaya and Kun fitness wise. Why not Nasri? Attitude could be an issue but if given the chance to revive his career properly.....

He headbutted a fucking Leicester player because he couldn't get near the ball.

That's his ability determined by fitness,however, when fit, it isn't up for discussion.. Dave has never liked him is all but it's unfair to question his ability...... mentality though? knock yourself out.... he's a soft ****!

It's his ability, because his quality is always determined by fitness. And he's a lardarse.

I'll never understand why Silva is not scoring more goals for us. His record for Spain is pretty good, he is scoring a goal per 197 minute for Spain, probably much better in last 2-3 years, I have a feeling he scores each game recently and in the league for City it's 443 minutes.

Bottles it in front of goal. Passes when he can score. Sets himself up on his left and misses, even when it's an easy knock in with his right. Great player that he has been for us I think he should have scored at least 10 more a season, he's certainly had more than enough chances to do so.

The Leicester game was aroud the time his performances tailed off. You can choose to use that as a measuring stick, or you could look at the games vs. Madrid when he was incredible, or even the fact Sevilla were legitimately challenging for the title until he dropped off.

At times last season he was absolutely phenomenal, in the best form of his life, Sampaoli giving him this ridiculous free role where he would play wherever they needed him, starting moves off at the back, popping up in the box, creating overloads on the wing, he was running the games against Real where Sevilla were the better side.

The question really is why did he fall off so drastically, and is it because after a year out injured he just didn't have the legs to keep up Sampaoli's insane pressing and high tempo for the whole season, which I think is the case.

Look back to before the Leicester game last season and you'll see loads of articles like this one -

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/19/samir-nasri-sevilla-leicester-city-champions-league

Where Nasri is described as, aside from Messi, the stand out player of the first half of the Spanish season, or Sampaoli describing him as the guy who gives the team oxygen.

There's no doubt his ability is still there.

It's like someone buying the same dodgy car because it has a different paint job.

The engine is stil fucking shite

He was playing as the pivot for Sevilla and did it very well. Played like Thiago for a little bit there. Then Leicester happen. I don’t think Pep is going to put up with that kind of shit - part of the reason why I think Pep banished Nolito. He can’t count on him to be levelheaded in big games.

To call him a pivot at Sevilla would be a massive oversimplification, he was a 1 man midfield with support from Nzonzi. He played as 10, as pivot on the wings, anywhere there was space, Nasri would go there and then the rest of the team would get the ball to him in that space.

It was really brilliant to watch, I'm gutted Sampaoli has gone off to International management.

You mean he moved his head gently in the direction of the Leicester player who took the opportunity to fall to the ground.

Who cares? Like Gabriel Jesus wouldn't do the same ? Or Otamendi ? Or Tevez v Joey Barton ?

It was another example of him being a self centred unprofessional **** & proof that any idea he has changed, is bullshit.

Who cares? Like Gabriel Jesus wouldn't do the same ? Or Otamendi ? Or Tevez v Joey Barton ?

It was another example of him being a self centred unprofessional **** & proof that any idea he has changed, is bullshit.

You must really dislike Aguero then

I'll give that the response it deserves.

Of course you will as you labelled Nasri unprofessional for what he done which was miles less than the incidents which saw Aguero get banned in total for 7 games last season. I actually don't like Nasri and probably agree with your thoughts on him but for better reasons than Vardy getting him sent off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.