Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azpilicueta isn't a CB either but it didn't harm Chelsea last season with him on the left of a back three.

neither is Mascherano, Pep has history in converting people into Centre Backs, why not Fernandinho or Delph, oh wait that would be working with someone we already have, not splashing cash on someone else!

Pulis will want a little sweetener.

A lot of nappy wetting and toy throwing in this thread.

The club are earmarking funds to the forward position.

The budget is clearly around 20m for a home-grown, left footed central defender. So on that basis if not Evans then who?

I agree that he fits the bill in terms of being experienced, home grown and left footed at a 'relatively' low price, however when you get a 6 match suspension for spitting at an opponent, you can hardly be described as 'an absolute top professional'.

That sort to thing leaves a nasty taste in the mouth and I don't recall the incident but everyone makes mistakes and it was a log time ago so he may well have matured into a top pro.

What's been evident since this broke is that it is a deal City are interested in and it is probably down to price as to whether it does or not so we need to deal with the idea that we are not signing a VVD but a, hopefully, solid homegrown "4th" choice CB.

Pulis will want a little sweetener.

A lot of nappy wetting and toy throwing in this thread.

The club are earmarking funds to the forward position.

The budget is clearly around 20m for a home-grown, left footed central defender. So on that basis if not Evans then who?
He's never forgiven the play off match when he was Gillingham's manager.

Maybe give him a 5 minute trolley dash round the shop as a sweetener

See my previous post. Not debating with you any more mate. I'll wait for your post referencing your Evans recommendation before we were linked then we can talk.

Your question is completely fucking irrelevant to anything. I asked you to name the excellent back ups at 4 different clubs and you can't. Maybe don't post complete bullshit next time if you can't handle being called out on it.

It seems that there are two reasons for the hostility towards Evans. Firstly people genuinely don't rate him, secondly he's ex United.

So, what if he turns out to be a decent signing? If he exceeds our expectations?

Players that turn out to be better than expected usually are extremely popular with fans, not just at City but everywhere. We liked to be proved wrong, love it when a signing turns out to be a jewel (even if only semi precious) rather than a turd.

A few posters have mentioned the spitting incident and him being a United fan. But I don't really think the animosity towards Evans is personal. He's not a Keane or Neville. If we held a poll of the most hated United players he wouldn't make the top 50, probably not the top 100. The real reason for the animosity is that he's one of their cast offs, and we thought the days of City signing United cast offs were long gone. He's not a Tevez, a player their fans really wanted to keep. He's a player that they sold cheap to WBA. Which means that United fans will be taking the piss out of City fans because we've signed a United reject. And if he flops, costs us the league, they'll keep on taking the piss. The flip side though is that, if he succeeds, he provides plenty of ammunition for City fans to take the piss out of United fans. We'll dine out on one of their rejects lifting the PL or CL trophy at City.

I can see him becoming a cult hero!

Didn't know this.
Which is why when we look for a 4th choice left sided Kolarov replacement we shouldn't expect a VVD. That sort of centre back will be next summer, probably to replace Otamendi. There was talk Hernandez was already agreed for next summer, if true we won't spend big this summer.

Well transfermarkt value Naco as more than double Evans. I guess Real Madrid are kicking themselves missing out though ;-)

If Barca RM or Bayern had gone for a WBA player would you not think it strange? Why is it different for us giving our ambitions.

Maybe he will be a success but we can't pretend this is a no brainer. No blue was suggesting this before we were linked so it can't be that obvious an answer.

Did you just use fucking transfermarkt values to claim a player is better than another? Jesus Christ, you might as well just preface your post with IVE NEVER SEEN EITHER OF THESE PLAYERS PLAY SO CAN'T COME UP WITH AN ACTUAL COMPARISON.

Would save everyone time because they'd know to just ignore your mad ramblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.