Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he may have a few years yet,he's looked after himself,or looks as if he has.
I don't and hence I'm 50/50 about it. His biggest asset is his will to win. I really like that, but his raw pace has gone. I think it would be better to play Aguero this season, and then next Summer, when all the other re-building has been done, buy an Mbappe, or a young forward who is going to grow with the club. If we were in PSG's position, and hadn't had to rebuild our defence, we'd be buying Neymar, or be capable of doing so.

I don't and hence I'm 50/50 about it. His biggest asset is his will to win. I really like that, but his raw pace has gone. I think it would be better to play Aguero this season, and then next Summer, when all the other re-building has been done, buy an Mbappe, or a young forward who is going to grow with the club. If we were in PSG's position, and hadn't had to rebuild our defence, we'd be buying Neymar, or be capable of doing so.
I don't think you have ever said that before

Can't see this happening kronke and usmanov will sell the pair this summer

Usmanov has no say whatsever in the running at Arsenal. If he did, i doubt Arsenal would be in the position they are in regarding contracts, & he would look to push them into being much more aggressive in the transfer market. It's why there is a power struggle.

As for Kronke forcing a sale, i'm not sure i can see why he needs to. The big amount of money on offer from TV deals help in this situation. Kronke takes his annual dividend out of Arsenal for his KSE group of £3M. That's it, that's what he takes out. So, he won't be concerned about pocketing £50M from a Sanchez sale. He puts no money into the club. He is just sitting on an asset that is increasing in value year after year. As long as Wenger continues to work under the guise of we spend what we make, then the only thing rejecting £50M will do is that it's not in the bank for a potential replacement. However, IF Arsenal can afford £50M for Lemar without selling Sanchez this summer, the likelyhood is that they will have a similar budget next summer for more signings. Ozil is more likely to sign a new deal than Sanchez. Ox isn't a guaranteed starter anyway & it looks like he might need to compete with Bellerin for a place.

Usmanov has no say whatsever in the running at Arsenal. If he did, i doubt Arsenal would be in the position they are in regarding contracts, & he would look to push them into being much more aggressive in the transfer market. It's why there is a power struggle.

As for Kronke forcing a sale, i'm not sure i can see why he needs to. The big amount of money on offer from TV deals help in this situation. Kronke takes his annual dividend out of Arsenal for his KSE group of £3M. That's it, that's what he takes out. So, he won't be concerned about pocketing £50M from a Sanchez sale. He puts no money into the club. He is just sitting on an asset that is increasing in value year after year. As long as Wenger continues to work under the guise of we spend what we make, then the only thing rejecting £50M will do is that it's not in the bank for a potential replacement. However, IF Arsenal can afford £50M for Lemar without selling Sanchez this summer, the likelyhood is that they will have a similar budget next summer for more signings. Ozil is more likely to sign a new deal than Sanchez. Ox isn't a guaranteed starter anyway & it looks like he might need to compete with Bellerin for a place.
On that basis, does it not make more sense to buy Lemar, sell Sanchez for 50 and use that 50 to improve your team long term, rather than take a short term view keeping a player who seemingly really doesnt want to be there.

I thought Ozil was signing a new deal. I can see the logic in keeping Ox and sanchez in their final year because they will find it very difficult to get better players and the money they earn by getting back into the Champions League makes it worthwhile keeping them.
That's nonsense. They'll lose over £100m when the three of them leave next year and ten have to pay the same to get replacements in.

The CL money (which is hardly guaranteed given they missed out last year) doesn't make up for it at all.

On that basis, does it not make more sense to buy Lemar, sell Sanchez for 50 and use that 50 to improve your team long term, rather than take a short term view keeping a player who seemingly really doesnt want to be there.
Not if you've got the money to improve your team anyway.

That's nonsense. They'll lose over £100m when the three of them leave next year and ten have to pay the same to get replacements in.

The CL money (which is hardly guaranteed given they missed out last year) doesn't make up for it at all.

Arsenal get shit money from the CL as well because of their early exits. Something like €40m, as opposed to the €90m we got from 15/16's run to the semi's.

[QUdisrespectbbiegunn, post: 10367063, member: 79473"]Not if you've got the money to improve your team anyway.[/QUOTE]
No disrespect but business isn't done that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.