Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your last sentence says it all for me, he is simply a goalscorer ie he converts chances to score by putting the ball in between the goal posts.
Last season and the Spurs friendly indicated that this one talent he possesses is exactly what a team that creates chances for fun yet cannot hit the target needs.

I agree that Pep wants even his goalkeepers to be ball players but is he now gambling that our attacking players will this season learn to be accurate in their shooting as well as capable in their build up play ? Even he was frustrated by this final quality being missing within otherwise capable players.

Imo, when Iheanacho came on for his brief cameo apperearence in the last game, he played with more vision & intelligence than Jesus & had his unselfishness been reciprocated, would have looked a perfefct 'Pep player'.

Very unfortunate that he hasn't been given enough time imo & again, partially caused by Pep having to try & pick up the pieces from Pellegrini.

But the player we signed, one of the world's best at his age, was not a one dimensional goalscorer, he was a talented all round player.

We made him into a no 9.

No way they let Ozil,Sanchez and the Ox go for free,then have to spend huge wads to replace them.

I thought Ozil was signing a new deal. I can see the logic in keeping Ox and sanchez in their final year because they will find it very difficult to get better players and the money they earn by getting back into the Champions League makes it worthwhile keeping them.

However that argument crumbles if a player publically says I am no longer Arsenal and submits a transfer request. Maybe it's not the magic bullet I am making it out to be, but for me it presents a way out for Arsenal. They get £35m and a face-saver. They are seen to have done all they could to keep the player.

Oh I believe you mate,was just saying "no way" are the board going to let that happen with today's market......they'll want some money in..IMO.
They spend fuck all as it is.

Well they need to sell Ozil and ox sharpish only a month left, if they sell in January they'll get peanuts.. poor business from Arsenal this.

I thought Ozil was signing a new deal. I can see the logic in keeping Ox and sanchez in their final year because they will find it very difficult to get better players and the money they earn by getting back into the Champions League makes it worthwhile keeping them.

However that argument crumbles if a player publically says I am no longer Arsenal and submits a transfer request. Maybe it's not the magic bullet I am making it out to be, but for me it presents a way out for Arsenal. They get £35m and a face-saver. They are seen to have done all they could to keep the player.

I think he'll submit a request,he's going to be left no choice IMO,if he wants the move.
Could be his only chance...We may buy an alternative and not want him next year.

Was it Bernado Siva who said....."you can't turn Pep Guardiola down".....or summat like that?

Well they need to sell Ozil and ox sharpish only a month left, if they sell in January they'll get peanuts.. poor business from Arsenal this.
I expect Ozil will stay. he wont get a better offer. It's not poor business from Arsenal. It's a result of the position they are in as a result of finishing outside of the top 4, and as a result of showing a lack of ambition over a decade. Their players no longer believe that Arsenal will challenge for titles.

Imagine they don't get top 4 again and lose Ozil, Sanchez and Chamberlain on free mans that's them goosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.