Feyenoord(A) - Post Match Thread

Yep. every single one of the new signings looks like a big upgrade, especially Walker and Mendy. It's solved the Kolorov/Zabaleta/fullback problem perfectly.

I don't believe in fate. I believe in football, and I believe in this manager and this team. If we have a weakness, it's that teams can hit us on the break when the full backs pile forward. But if we keep scoring like we are doing, and I believe we will, then it really won't be a problem.

I've said since the summer...I think this will be the most successful season in the club's history.

I'm a great believer that the future is uncertain but I do think the balance of probabilities is on our favour and I certainly have great faith in the manager. I also don't have any doubts about the technical ability of our squad but I'm not yet convinced of their mental strength; although it has not been found wanting so far this season.

Our Achilles is the counter attack and that won't every change entirely but the degree to which it is our weak spot can change and Pep's post match comments last night show he has it clearly in mind and will be working on how to stop teams mounting breakaways.

We need a few big wins in a short space of time to open the floodgates for the rest of the campaign: as far as I am concerned improving our conversion rate is a mental thing.

Overall one of the best performances under Pep, The pressing last night was phenomenal and didnt allow them any time to settle or to get their head up and play.
Great individual performances also, Stones, KDB, Jesus (workrate was awesome). Mendy doesnt fill me with confidence defensively, and some of his passing was sloppy. But looks a great addition and going forward adds a whole new dimension along with walker

Long my it continue

It's true that KDB did make a cracking start last year and then faded somewhat. However, he does seem to be maturing as a player and I think Pep is molding him into the centre piece of this side. Hopefully, this season he can be rested at times so that he does not burn out.
yeah definitely.
It's true that KDB did make a cracking start last year and then faded somewhat. However, he does seem to be maturing as a player and I think Pep is molding him into the centre piece of this side. Hopefully, this season he can be rested at times so that he does not burn out.

definitely,i think the competition for places is going to have everyone raising there game also,if any ones level drops off they could be out the team,the squads depth is ridiculous in midfield,im kind of glad we did not sign Sanchez as I believe we already have enough players vying for places!...gundogan,sane,sterling,Danillo all on the bench last night,i just hope Pep can keep them all happy its a concern of mine.

I'm a great believer that the future is uncertain but I do think the balance of probabilities is on our favour and I certainly have great faith in the manager. I also don't have any doubts about the technical ability of our squad but I'm not yet convinced of their mental strength; although it has not been found wanting so far this season.

Our Achilles is the counter attack and that won't every change entirely but the degree to which it is our weak spot can change and Pep's post match comments last night show he has it clearly in mind and will be working on how to stop teams mounting breakaways.

We need a few big wins in a short space of time to open the floodgates for the rest of the campaign: as far as I am concerned improving our conversion rate is a mental thing.
Totally agree about the mental side, and our finishing. That's one of the reasons I'm so excited: we needed a big league win and we got it. We needed to beat a rival and we did it. And we needed a big Chaps League win and we got that. I'd also add into the mix that Sergio has scored his two "classic" goals this week: a one-on-one, and a near post run. He needed those badly for confidence and I expect that to do him the world of good.

Everything feels to be aligning for the season. I just hope we have a decent run with injuries because league winners nearly always have that, and it hasn't happened to us since 2011-12.

If we have a weakness, it's that teams can hit us on the break when the full backs pile forward. But if we keep scoring like we are doing, and I believe we will, then it really won't be a problem.

Ideally we need a very fast centre half to replace Otamendi,as it will certainly help negate the issue,otherwise it will continue to be the focus of attention for the opposition.

Great performance and result.
Ground is a shithole and their famous so called atmosphere dissappears if you score early on.
Loved the faces of their fans when the City fans ripped them a new one all game.

Wind your neck in fecking keyboard warrior.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.