MCFC U-18's

Perhaps I’m being a bit negative but I really can’t see both Foden and Diaz getting 10 appearances this season, unless we have a massive injury crisis. Diaz definitely deserves to start vs Wolves, it’s just a shame Foden will probably still be in India.

Definitely not lost all our talents. We have shedloads. This is just two of many, many. Defo something city should try and address though.

Also, swell is a helluva annoying word. No offence meant :)

Not sure if intentional, but there's a strong drop of irony in this post.

I know it has been said many, many, many times but the required standard for academy players has increased, therefore only the best of the best will get proper chances

Foden and Diaz will 100% get minutes this season, I would imagine both would have gotten on against West Brom had they not resorted to systematically fouling everyone in the second half

As well, due to players requiring minutes there wasnt any other chance to give Foden or Diaz minutes thus far, however now both international breaks are out of the way and a hectic schedule coming up both will get on the pitch no doubt about that.

Adarabioyo and Zinchenko will also get minutes at some point to, there is a time and a place to give them football, Diaz only turned 18 in August and Foden only turned 17 in May

Buckley-Ricketts is considered a future first teamer too, in the mould of Sterling so he should get minutes next season loan depending, he has been on the bench mainly for Twente this season, but again it is early in the season.

Latibeaudiere and Francis are very good defenders, who if they carry on with their current trajectory, will get minutes towards the end of this season/next season.

The problem we have, is that our very best academy players are still very young and raw, to just throw them in randomly could be damaging.

With regards to losing Sancho and possibly Duncan, worry not. These players are no longer one offs and there are comparable players in every age group at City, the further down the age groups you go the higher the potential seems to be.

When Borrell was head of technical coaching he said we wont see proper results from the academy until 2020, whereby I can guarentee the churn will be unprecedented in football.

thats the problem for me though. our young players are literally only getting minutes of game time. west brom was a perfect game for someone like diaz to come on. they might play against wolves and maybe in the cup, but thats it all season. its not enough game time to develop. at other clubs they would be getting more time imo. i know they are young and I'm getting a bit ahead of myself tbf. i keep hearing about the golden generation and that we have younger players below this group that are so talented, but I've been hearing that for about 6 years now. i agree in 2020 we might have amazing young players coming through. but its going to be next to impossible for most of them to get a chance. we will always spend 50m on players and even players like bernardo are struggling to start at times.

Definitely not lost all our talents. We have shedloads. This is just two of many, many. Defo something city should try and address though.

Also, swell is a helluva annoying word. No offence meant :)

yea maybe i shouldnt have put all. but two very talented young players, who id rather be playing for us.
i would put as well, but its just when i type it shortens the words sometimes.. :)

Very interested to hear about the depth of talent at the academy.

Do you know how McAtee is doing? Just curious as I used to play rugby with his dad (cocky sod but very talented).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.