General Videogame Thread

Played about 3 hours of The last of us today and so far very underwhelming. No real exploring to be done, just lots of sneaking around and killing people. Hoping it improves.

I was comparing them only in terms of quality. That is, the GTA games exist and they are ridiculously good, so other games - regardless of genre - should strive for that standard.

Having said that, I would have been justified in making a direct comparison. The range of genres in games has become so narrow that you pulled me up for comparing two games in which you move a human character around a realistic world in third-person perspective, shooting baddies. It's a sad state of affairs for gaming when these are considered incomparable because of the way you navigate the map. But that's a separate discussion I suppose.
Fair points.

It has got so much worse hasn't it? I have precisely 3 games in my possession at the moment, one is a football game, and the other 2 are very similar open-world sneaking killing type affairs.

Fair points.

It has got so much worse hasn't it? I have precisely 3 games in my possession at the moment, one is a football game, and the other 2 are very similar open-world sneaking killing type affairs.
The new generation of games (mainly open world with either guns or special powers) are really boring and have been done to death. They're very good graphically but I think the fun is slowly being removed from gaming. Saying that the craze for casual games (dicks playing angry birds/candy crush) are also adding to the downward trend. With the hardware available you think they'd crack it.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Beta.

Once again, lovely to look at, deep in lore and already miles better than the last outing. Which isn't hard.

A few annoying details, like having to wait to re-join after a death in groups of 4 and very linear map which always pushes you forward/ back.

Still...beta...and some good signs. It's Dice after all.

Well let's hope he is wrong.

I hope it does happen..... most video games developers have become lazy, rehashing the same jargon with very little imagination. So when games like Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Persona or even Witcher, though some may be fun to play are more remembered for their brilliant stories.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Beta.

Once again, lovely to look at, deep in lore and already miles better than the last outing. Which isn't hard.

A few annoying details, like having to wait to re-join after a death in groups of 4 and very linear map which always pushes you forward/ back.

Still...beta...and some good signs. It's Dice after all.
Just been having a go with that myself and yeah it's not bad . Definitely better than Battlefront 1. Still don't like it as much as Battlefield 1 or 4 as an FPS.

Fair points.

It's as though the improved technology has narrowed the possibilities. The ability to create realistic worlds means that developers do just that. But in the days of limited hardware (Spectrum, Amiga etc), this wasn't possible so developers came up with weird and imaginative concepts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.