General Videogame Thread

Just been having a go with that myself and yeah it's not bad . Definitely better than Battlefront 1. Still don't like it as much as Battlefield 1 or 4 as an FPS.
It's, like the predecessors, aimed at the PlayStation generation rather than the more mature PC brigade but as it stands it's not bad. No real depth though but at least the guns feel satisfyingly different.

Played BF1 after and it's still miles better.

Still...beta, and can only get better.

Downloaded it yesterday, not usually my bag but thought I'd give it a go. Had a try of the first couple of trials and must admit I'm rather impressed with it.
Remember playing the original on ps1 & loving it, but nowadays i thought like you it wudn’t be my thing but really tempted to pre-order it now after the demo

Is there much to the offline game? I loved GT4 but reviews I've read suggest it's now got a completely online focus, which doesn't interest me as much.
Seems quite a lot to do offline? which i like cos im not into online that much either

Well i have to admit, im incredibly disapointed with last of us. Nice story but pretty shit gameplay if im honest. Sneak, kill, sneak run repeat. No real exploring to be done at all so far and all. Its not the fact its not open world, its more that you are literally forced down an passage the whole way so far, no choices to make at all.

Anyone else sick of all the loot boxes/micro-transactions in games these days? It's a disgrace! Developers purposely making games a grind to encourage players to buy in game currency with real money. This shit has gotta stop asap. The new Star Wars game would be ok if it weren't for the loot boxes (crates). You see this shit pulled in nearly every game released now. The new NBA live game has loot boxes and you can't even edit or create players/rosters...seriously, wtf!

Online multiplayer has ruined gaming for me. I'm concerned for Red Dead 2 and the future GTA games. I've always loved the single player campaigns but even Rockstar are realising the money is in the online modes and they are a letdown for me. GTA online is bang average imo but it gets all the attention/DLC nowadays. Single player campaigns allow for a lot more immersion and story but developers don't make continuous money off them once the initial game as been bought.

I've been a gamer my whole life but getting annoyed with the whole industry now. No creativity; all we get are sequels, fps games, unfinished games so developers can charge for DLC later on, games purely focused on the online aspect, and games with micro-transactions & loot boxes to rip off the gamers who make the industry what it is.

Anyone else sick of all the loot boxes/micro-transactions in games these days? It's a disgrace! Developers purposely making games a grind to encourage players to buy in game currency with real money. This shit has gotta stop asap. The new Star Wars game would be ok if it weren't for the loot boxes (crates). You see this shit pulled in nearly every game released now. The new NBA live game has loot boxes and you can't even edit or create players/rosters...seriously, wtf!

Online multiplayer has ruined gaming for me. I'm concerned for Red Dead 2 and the future GTA games. I've always loved the single player campaigns but even Rockstar are realising the money is in the online modes and they are a letdown for me. GTA online is bang average imo but it gets all the attention/DLC nowadays. Single player campaigns allow for a lot more immersion and story but developers don't make continuous money off them once the initial game as been bought.

I've been a gamer my whole life but getting annoyed with the whole industry now. No creativity; all we get are sequels, fps games, unfinished games so developers can charge for DLC later on, games purely focused on the online aspect, and games with micro-transactions & loot boxes to rip off the gamers who make the industry what it is.
Absolutely sums up where gaming is at. With the hardware capabilities nowadays you'd expect better but games are becoming as throwaway as music singles and films.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.