Must see documentaries..

Anyone see that doco on channel 4 last night about the daft ignorant bird from the whitest village in Cheshire who went to live with a Pakistani muslim family in Manchester for a week? It was great viewing. Every ignorant fuckwit in Britain should be made to watch it, it was brilliant.

Tell us who made you watch it ;)

Been watching it this week. Great documentary and footage. Grim material though. Johnson sent those troops in like lambs to the slaughter despite him fearing the worst.

One of the worst bits was Nixon deliberately stopping peace talks by making secret promises to the South before the American election. The South pulled out of any peace talks because if they had taken place Humphries would have won the US election. Johnson knew all about Nixon's games but because he had bugged Nixon to get the gen he could not or would not do anything. The taped conversation where Nixon denied all knowledge to Johnson of any contact with the South was shocking but also showed how low people would go to get power and to save face.

One of the worst bits was Nixon deliberately stopping peace talks by making secret promises to the South before the American election. The South pulled out of any peace talks because if they had taken place Humphries would have won the US election. Johnson knew all about Nixon's games but because he had bugged Nixon to get the gen he could not or would not do anything. The taped conversation where Nixon denied all knowledge to Johnson of any contact with the South was shocking but also showed how low people would go to get power and to save face.

Yep. The tape recordings have been some of the most shocking aspects of the documentary. They knew they were on a hiding to nothing yet did nothing and wasted the lives of thousands of people.

It has been a stunning documentary series for me. Not sure what I'll do on a Monday night now!

Brutal war.

An Open Secret is now free on youtube, as they couldn't get anyone in Hollywood to distribute.

It's a heavy watch. Won't be going to watch Bryan Singer movies anytime soon.

Yep. The tape recordings have been some of the most shocking aspects of the documentary. They knew they were on a hiding to nothing yet did nothing and wasted the lives of thousands of people.

It has been a stunning documentary series for me. Not sure what I'll do on a Monday night now!

Brutal war.
I was shocked at how far back this went. Johnson seemed out of his depth from the start and his early actions succeeded in making the enemy much stronger. Gripping stuff and what a hard set of bastards the viet cong were.

Vietnam was such a disaster and tragedy. Complete folly and showed who actually did the fighting and dying. War Crimes galore from every level of the US machine.

A fascinating insight into how fucked up things can get.

The one great thing though, is how we have all learned the terrible lessons and haven't embarked upon futile and costly wars ever since.

I felt so sorry for those young guys. Mostly poor, as the middle class and rich patriots preferred the working class to fight for them. As they do everywhere. But until the sibs if these families were included in the draft did any real effort to end it happen.

The Vietnamese insights were brilliant and moving. A tenacious and brave fighting force and people.

Still, look how far we have come when a four time cowardly bastard draft dodger, can become president.

He supported the war, just didn't fancy getting his tiny hands dirty.

Vietnam was such a disaster and tragedy. Complete folly and showed who actually did the fighting and dying. War Crimes galore from every level of the US machine.

A fascinating insight into how fucked up things can get.

The one great thing though, is how we have all learned the terrible lessons and haven't embarked upon futile and costly wars ever since.

I felt so sorry for those young guys. Mostly poor, as the middle class and rich patriots preferred the working class to fight for them. As they do everywhere. But until the sibs if these families were included in the draft did any real effort to end it happen.

The Vietnamese insights were brilliant and moving. A tenacious and brave fighting force and people.

Still, look how far we have come when a four time cowardly bastard draft dodger, can become president.

He supported the war, just didn't fancy getting his tiny hands dirty.
My Dad did an 18 month stint out there (USAF) it definately changed his life and probably ours (family) too....not for the better. He saw some crazy shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.