Arsenal (H) Post Match Thread

I came on this thread to show how Silva was *definitely* offside, and I have to say I am surprised.

He is in fact offside, but it is much closer than I thought. And taking this "when did Fernandino actually play the ball" question into account, it varies from *just* off, to quite clearly off, depending on whether you go for the moment of first contact with Ferna's boot, or a tiny bit later than that. Either which way, Silva was off.

This is *before* Fernandino kicks the ball. Silva is on, but Ferna hasn't touched the ball yet. You can just make out his right boot peaking out from behind his left leg as he prepares to play the ball.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.45.48.png

This is the first point Ferna touches the ball. Notice the ball has not moved yet. Silva is already (very marginally) off.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.47.15.png

This is the point the ball clearly moves. Silva is even further off.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.47.42.png

And finally, this is the point they choose to freeze the frame. The ball has long departed from Ferna's boot, and of course Silva is even more off by then.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.49.25.png

The point though, is it was mighty close. A travesty of a refereeing decision, it was NOT.
the second image when David is marginly onside, the camera image is from this side, where as the Linesman is looking straight at David and cannot see the defender.

Another game were we were not at our best and yet we could and should have a won by six , our final ball was poor and that saved the Goons from a proper good hiding ,seems churlish to criticise this team , we are playing breathtaking football and i can't see anybody stopping us , pundits are saying its early days blah , blah , blah , but Pep has now got the premier league worked out , he was never going to turn this club around within 12 months , he needed to assess the squad and get the players he wanted. We would have to have a horrendous run of injuries and dodgy refereeing decisions to fail this season , so i won't be doing a Dipper and printing the T-shirts just yet

people are looking at the stripe in the grass and judging silva and the last defender , maybe he was onside and the lino could see that ,he looked well off live on the telly

people are looking at the stripe in the grass and judging silva and the last defender , maybe he was onside and the lino could see that ,he looked well off live on the telly

It just shows how tough it is to be a linesman. I'm in the lower tier of the East Stand pretty much directly in line with that and we were actually laughing as we thought he was miles offside. To see how marginal it actually was is quite suprising.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.