Arsenal (H) Post Match Thread

It just shows how tough it is to be a linesman. I'm in the lower tier of the East Stand pretty much directly in line with that and we were actually laughing as we thought he was miles offside. To see how marginal it actually was is quite suprising.

Did you see when Carragher and Neville tried it. Got everyone wrong. Yet still have the gaul to call out officials, whether they are right or wrong.

Let's not forget not content with shoving Raz into the net they did the same to Eddie...

Pep on Wenger’s whinge: “the penalty was a penalty, the offside was offside but we won because we were better"

I would love to see both managers side by side in post match press conferences, just to watch wengers reaction to this, totally spot on and to the point quote.
I imagine his head would internally combust.

Really? Cheers, I haven't heard of that, and a quick search has not turned it up. You don't have a link do you?

Apparently, in my defence, the BBC haven't heard of it either, as whenever they review an offside decision (one of ours anyway) they freeze the frame just after the ball has been played. Of course, that's long enough to make a player look way offside.

Not many have. It's an odd one because it's not all mere clarification - under law 12 the bit about the keeper throwing an object at the ball changes it from an indirect free kick to direct, which, mid-season, is very unusual.

http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/375/115048_250917_Circular_11_2017_v1.0_EN.pdf

Buzzing with the offside goal, hahaha! take it you fucking sanctimonious hypocrite whining tarquin cünts!
What a bunch of classless wankers those AFC fans and their sleeping bagged bitter manager.
Are there any worse than them lot? apart from the scum and candlefucks.

Don’t hold back will you lol

Ive watched the offside call a few times now, what strikes me is this: the ball forward is a push rather than a ping. Dave is moving quicker than the ball, which is unusual for a through ball, and is what made him look miles off against a slower moving defensive line.

Weird that we'r on the right side of the marginal stuff, ill give you that...

I came on this thread to show how Silva was *definitely* offside, and I have to say I am surprised.

He is in fact offside, but it is much closer than I thought. And taking this "when did Fernandino actually play the ball" question into account, it varies from *just* off, to quite clearly off, depending on whether you go for the moment of first contact with Ferna's boot, or a tiny bit later than that. Either which way, Silva was off.

This is *before* Fernandino kicks the ball. Silva is on, but Ferna hasn't touched the ball yet. You can just make out his right boot peaking out from behind his left leg as he prepares to play the ball.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.45.48.png

This is the first point Ferna touches the ball. Notice the ball has not moved yet. Silva is already (very marginally) off.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.47.15.png

This is the point the ball clearly moves. Silva is even further off.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.47.42.png

And finally, this is the point they choose to freeze the frame. The ball has long departed from Ferna's boot, and of course Silva is even more off by then.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.49.25.png

The point though, is it was mighty close. A travesty of a refereeing decision, it was NOT.
I initially thought that DS was offside by some distance.
The more I look at it, the more I think that he was level with the last defender, so on.
We have had some terrible decisions made against us over the years, so let's be satisfied that if there was an error of judgement in our favour, it is not before time.
Also what about the penalty shout which was waved away?
Swings and roundabouts Mr.Bean!

I am a bit of a numpty on the offside rule, so forgive me. But, what's not in doubt is that Jesus is in an offside position throughout. Before, during and after the ball was kicked, he's always in an offside position.

Isn't he therefore offside when he receives the ball and becomes active?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.