United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Pogba is to miss Newcastle as well. People have recovered from death faster than this fella recovers from a so called 2-4 week knock.

He won’t play 100 games for them.

yes. Mourinho has them punching below their weight so quite happy to see him continue in the current vein.

Do we really want a Man Utd meltdown, and for Mourinho to leave? Sooner or later they'll make the right appointment and with their resources will start to challenge again. I'd rather they slowly spiral downwards / stand still for as long as possible.

the rags went from 1967-1992 without winning a league title and from Matt Busby until the gvp, never made the right managerial appointment or didn't give the manager time. What's to say that won't happen again!
They are now on a Liverpool esq run of being a history club with millions of followers that's living on past glories and being left further and further behind us on the football field with no chance of winning the Premier League
Add to that our owner has invested in the best facilities for youth in the world and continues to invest heavily in the stadium and surrounding area. What are united's owners doing! They don't even have the funds available for a women's team
If they want to hang on to our coattails off the field they need to invest a couple of hundred million, never mind what they need for the first team squad

I hope Mourinho stays until the middle of next season (Christmas 2018) because by the end of the 2018/19 season that's another season gone and then another managerial appointment needed with the new guy implementing his style, bringing in his players, the bedding in period of another twelve months of mediocrity. Meanwhile we've moved on and raised the bar again

Mourinho was almost a forced choice for them. They had to pick a big name to impress their fans given that we had got Pep. Some Rag fans still claim Mourinho is the better manager of the two, after all.

Problem is the guy is poison and what's more, it looks very much as if his head's gone. They might win some more trophies, but he is not the solution they need for their systemic issues. Frankly, I don't know who is. You don't find a Busby or a Baconface down every job centre. I think they need to start by completely restructuring their club, spending shedloads of money, and, in many ways, copying City.

Giggs, in his latest thrilling extract from his Class of 92 Diary has said he wouldn’t swap Rashford for Jesus.

Could go some way to explain why no clubs are willing to offer him a job.

If you read it all it's worse.

He goes on to say while Jesus has a better goal scoring record Rashford likes to "match up with defenders and try something".

I've no idea what that even means.

As you say, probably why he's got two weeks coaching in Vietnam rather than the Everton job.
In all fairness to the moron, Pearce has shown nothing but moronic garblings in the media and he's got another job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.