Your first City match?

Plymouth away. Saturday, 16/1/88.

2-0 up at half-time. Lost 2-3 and all goals scored in the opposite end to where we were standing.

Typical City!

First game at Maine Road was a 1-0 victory over Everton on the day we held a minute's silence for Sir Joe, which was ruined by a few idiots in the Toffees' end.

We won 1-0 with that rarest of things, an Adrian fucking Heath goal.

Always thought you were, you know...in Vienna?

Home v Leeds. We went with New Mills
Juniors on a coach to the game. I think we won 1-0 but can't remember if it was 1970 or '71.

October 64, lost 3 -2 to Preston ..Derek Kevan scored for City. Alan Kelly ,Irish goalie played for Preston.. ..Like others I was hooked...

Bristol City Home in 77. 2-1 I think or was it 76 ? 2-0
2nd game I remember more was king Colin’s comeback game against Newcastle Boxing Day 4-0 with a Tueart hat trick

Last edited:
Home to Bolton 28th November 1964 in the old 2nd division with my older brother. My memory told me we lost 4-0, but I’ve just checked and we actually lost 4-2. There were two greats in the team, Alan Oakes and Neil Young, and my favourite player at that time, Bobby Kennedy. I think it was the year before that when it was Sports Personality of the Year on the BBC, and I put all the City players’ names in a hat and pulled out Bill Leivers and voted for him. I think it’s a good bet that it was the only vote he ever got, even his own family wouldn’t have voted for Bill!

2nd March 1996, Blackburn at home. 1-1. Still got the programme on my bookshelf.
My great uncle took me when he was visiting from London, he was a spurs fan and wanted to watch some footy. I remember walking through the turnstile and knowing this was for me. All my family are united fans and this game changed the course of my life forever! If it wasn't for my great uncle I'd probably be a United fan now. My brother was born that year and I managed to get him on side too, so he's to thank for that aswel

Fullham-City at Craven Cottage in september 2012. City won 2-1. (No I'm not a plastic supporter, been a city fan since I was 6)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.