Ashes 2017/18

Goodbye Moeen. Poor shot choice and an LBW from Lyon. Just need Bairstow and Overton to pull off a 166 partnership and we'll be fine

England should try mix things up in third test as I don't think we stand much of a chance as things currently stand. Maybe move Bairstow higher up, maybe swap Vince and Root (I think Root can handle it a lot better than Vince. I think Vince would gain more at no.4 than Root would lose at no.3), and maybe bring in a true spinner instead of an all-rounder like Ali is.

I know scoring 50's in almost every game isn't to be sniffed at but Root has got to get better at getting big hundreds, especially in this team where hundreds in the top 6 are in short supply.

Mark Wood needs to play in Perth but England aren't going to go with Broad, Wood and Anderson as a tail so Broad should be dropped.

Likely to be 3rd whitewash in 4 series down under.

Makes a mockery of it being “the greatest rivalry in sport”. English players should learn to play overseas.

That was the test we had to win. Breaking this series down it was who scored more Root and Cook or Warner and Smith and in addition, who bowled better after the openers - Woakes and Moeen or Cummins and Lyon.

We have not been able to put partnerships together and when we have they have not lasted. This was prime opportunity to make the Aussie quicks bowl themselves into the ground which could see them lose form for the final three tests. Now they will be pumped and eiven quicker in Perth.

We are miles behind. Broad has bowled okay but is nowhere near the Broad we expect and has not been for a long time. To bowl first and then do so poorly was the defining moment. Those conditions should have seen us skittle Australia twicenot vice versa. We cannot bat in English conditions nor Australian.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.