Burnley (3rd rd FA Cup) Post Match thread

I remember the days when we were unfashionable.
We tried to play in an attacking style, but our passing usually let us down.
Then we had the prosaic style under Pearce, loved the bloke but the football - urggh!
Then we got Thaksin's involvement, Sven,Carlos, Elano.
Thaksin's money was frozen so he got Sheikh Mansour interested etc etc.
What I am getting at is that little old Burnley are doing the best they can with who they have. They are following their dream.
If they can scrape top six, they will probably get a couple of better players and maybe some investment.
I wish Burnley well for the future and remember how we were once upon a time.

I really enjoyed yesterday (apart from the chaos in the club shop, just off joe mercer way). I thought we were a bit flat 1st half but controlled possession without being overly threatening or being threatend by Burnley. 2nd half was a totally different kettle of fish barring the opening 5-10 mins or so. We upped the ante and revved through the gears to blow them away. I can't say that any of the players had poor games, Zinchenko was steady and Bravo had a pretty quiet afternoon, but I get what people are saying about Ederson and that's why he's our number one.

We've got two new blues in the shape of my wife and youngest daughter, both attending their first games yesterday and loved every minute of it (especially my youngest daughter).

Oh and to all of the Burnley fans singing "your a shit man united", fuck off and fuck off with your time wasting.

Great to hear about young Blues going to their first game. I am glad the lads turned on the style in the second half to send everyone home happy (except the Dingles)!

I agree, far more of a fortress to see full end of city fans celebrate our goals than layers having to run passed miserable looking away fans. It needs addressing.

In time it will make the noise spread and get more singers in to SS lower and kippax.
Wasn't it a premier league directive that away fans had to be near the pitch

Yes that was complete bedlam in the shop at about 2pm but was surpassed by the cattle pen, sorry metrolink queue, after the game. Twatting nightmare.
I was in there around 2pm and only went in for a badge for my hat!. Yeah the metrolink queues looked a nightmare, Alan Turing Way was too and not helped by some fucking idiots getting arrested wielding metal bars near the lights across from the campus.

My youngest said she wants a scarf, hat and shirt next time we go.

Great news - loads of first time kids there yesterday including one young lad who travelled back on same train with his dad as me to Newport. Plus loads of kids sat near to me going to their first games. Great for our future this and nice to see!!!

My take on yesterday was that in the first half Burnley came with to bully us in the first half, which the idiot of a ref allowed. If Ederson plays John doesn't panic and hack the ball to Barnes. This is not a slight on Claudio, but Ederson allows us to play a high defensive line. Thought Claudio played well yesterday and don't feel as nervous when he has the ball at his feet and his passing has improved. The first half felt like last season, we had a lot of the ball, didn't have many shots on target and then they scored. After the goal they reverted to parking the bus, which was to their advantage.
The free kick absolutely changed the game and Dyche is an idiot if he thinks that they are allowed to take all the time in the world to organise his defense, surely the advantage goes to the fouled team. The back heel was sublime from Gundogan and after that Burnley could no longer sit back and defend. Then Sane shredded them, The pass from Kev for the fourth was just brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.