We've got enough....

Can see this thread rearing its head throughout the season. Last year it was obvious we needed new fullbacks and didn't get them till this. This year we needed centre half cover for Kompany Pep even on record saying this and we haven't got it!! We are doomed I say doomed!

We're doomed to winning the title by only a hatful of points!

The way we play, though, as evidenced Saturday, is that the most technically gifted of players can drop a bollock - Leroy's chance from inside the goal area that ballooned over the bar, Stonesy's miscue that had Big Fat Sean frothing at both sides of his gob. I think that we are well disposed with CBs depending on the opposition. You want yer strongest team out for certain games, sure enough, but the likes of Tosin and The Mangler are more than adequate cover for nine-tenths of the strikers in the PL. The focus tends towards CBs only when our strikers are misfiring!

So close to the perfect squad. Sanchez and another CB now then Weigl, Bertrand in the summer.

Ederson, Bravo

Mendy, Bertrand

Otamendi, Stones, Kompany, New CB

Walker, Danilo

Fernandinho, Weigl, Delph

De Bruyne, D.Silva B.Silva, Gundogan, Sane, Sterling

Aguero, Jesus, Sanchez

The possibility of Aguero leaving would see us needing another striker same with Kompany and CB but the squad imo is close to being absolutely brilliant 2x top players for every position.

I really don't understand the fascination with Ryan Bertrand, I must be missing something.

Bertrand is not coming. Delph convinced as a back up left back and we already have 4 homegrown association trained players (Delph, Stones, Walker, Raheem). Any so called homegrown player will take a foreign spot unless one of the 4 mentioned above leaves. This is ofcourse according to champions league rules. You best align your team to UCL rules so you dont have a registration mess. And this is one of the reasons signing Evans is pointless!

Players 21+ list:

17 foreigners
4 association trained (Delph, Stones, Walker, Raheem)
4 academy graduates (Grimshaw or Muric, Tosin, Foden, Diaz) this is ofcourse team planning for the future, they're b listed for now!

do u remember my comments on the 1st of September??

I was agreeing with you.

I didn't want Sanchez in August & said in the Sanchez thread, I wanted Pep to do his job, work with what he had & get people such as Sterling & Sane playing & scoring, as well as the strikers, rather than just trying to 'buy' more goals like the previous managers.

Now he's done that, & Sane/Sterling are established, with Jesus being out for a while, I'm perfectly happy to have Sanchez as well, to help us in the other competitions.

I was agreeing with you.

I didn't want Sanchez in August & said in the Sanchez thread, I wanted Pep to do his job, work with what he had & get people such as Sterling & Sane playing & scoring, as well as the strikers, rather than just trying to 'buy' more goals like the previous managers.

Now he's done that, & Sane/Sterling are established, with Jesus being out for a while, I'm perfectly happy to have Sanchez as well, to help us in the other competitions.
Do u honestly believe the deal will be done in January though?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.