Antoine Griezmann

So would I...

Greizman is nowhere near Agüero’s level, nowhere near.

I wonder how many of you all have seen Griezmann play, he's not a number 9. Griezmann can play up top, behind the striker and on either wing, creates, brings others into the game, is a great presser, has a high work ethic while also being good in the air. Aguero is a different type of player — a prolific goalscorer who isn't expected to contribute all-round as much as Griezmann does.

It's very hard to say which of the two is better. But for Pep's system, where goals come from everywhere because players are expected to be selfless and press everywhere, it's reasonable to say that Griezmann is a better fit (especially considering he's almost 3 years younger and much more positionally versatile)

Greizmann is a show pony. Keep faith with Kun until a younger striker, top level, is attainable. I'm thinking Kane.

Greizmann is a show pony. Keep faith with Kun until a younger striker, top level, is attainable. I'm thinking Kane.
Agree with you in principle, except I don't think Kane is attainable for anything resembling a reasonable price. It will have to be another one I guess.

It would be a sad day when aguero leaves city. Being used in a swap deal as rumored would be disrespectful to aguero unless he publicly says that imo.

Griezman is good but aguero is better.

Griezmann would suit us more than Sergio does currently, but it’s weather you sacrifice that for less goals.
Less goals from the striker, but potentially more goals overall.

Then again, Aguero is starting to fire again...though, long-term we definitely will need a replacement, as his ability to play effectively in this system, even when motivated to do so, will start to wane soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.