Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see us going to 70 but not a penny beyond . Its a psychological sum that allows Leicester to say they got a good price for a quality player who served them well. City can say that it is an inflated market , that the Sané injury forced the need to do a quick deal and that it is simply what we had to do in an inflated market .
Meanwhile in private City will know that it is a very good price given that FFP will most likely be linked exclusively to transfer fees in the Summer window . That could restrict our buying power greatly.
So why not spend 70 now while we are allowed
Oh and if Leicester feel they can get more then let them take the chance on that in the Summer when possible draconian FFP transfer restrictions are in place .
Interesting 12 hours ahead ....

by time sky and big gob finished it'll be 100 million +

They do with every other Man City signing. Pay until the contract has ended and possible bonus payments are all added to the purchase price for the headline.
Who cares as long as we can watch the magic on the pitch.

The message I would get as a promising young player is Don’t Sign For City. As soon as a player gets injured the cheque book comes out.

Why sign Silva and Gundogan if we would rather splash the cash than adapt tactically to injuries by utilising the great players we have on the bench?

Silva did fine on the left when he came on. This should be his chance to shine.

If we have the cash then a backup for Fern would be my priority.

Pep went in the record and said the club cannot pay eighty mill for a player. Can’t see Leicester settling for fifty in this insane market anyway.

It’s clearer now why he said they couldn’t pay £80M for a player. Probably related to plans to bid for Mahrez and keeping LCFC’s expectations limited. Followed up by a Mahrez transfer request it limits what we can be expected to pay.

[

Silva is not a wide player and i cannot believe you think he has been doing fine as a wide player, he has done fine when played inside or off the front in a free role.

Silva is a wide player, he's played his entire fucking career out wide.

I think what you might mean is "he's not a pacey winger" but it does my head in seeing people either try and pretend, or just be ignorant to the fact the bloke has spent his entire career playing wide right.

If he isnt rumoured to be in CFA for medical before noon, cant see this happening? I might be wrong , but i will take my chances..

Oh and if Leicester feel they can get more then let them take the chance on that in the Summer when possible draconian FFP transfer restrictions are in place .
Interesting 12 hours ahead ....
It's not really about thinking we can get more. It's about the market at that moment and his worth to us, as I mentioned earlier. Losing Mahrez could cost us £20m in prize money this season and each year he's not around as he is the difference between a high finish and lower midtable.

The club would look at selling him now for £70m or in the summer for £50m, or in a year and a half for £30m as about the same thing. So if someone wants him, they need to make it worth our while.

Silva is a wide player, he's played his entire fucking career out wide.

I think what you might mean is "he's not a pacey winger" but it does my head in seeing people either try and pretend, or just be ignorant to the fact the bloke has spent his entire career playing wide right.
Correct i meant pacy, he will never be able to replace Sane and struggles with the physicality of the Premiership when played wide, looks far more at home in English football when he plays inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.