Mark E Smith

Our kid worked with Smith about ten years ago. He (our kid) helped set up the sound for the album The Fall were recording. At the end of each session, he’d get in a car, take our kid and several other people with him and barrel around Manchester drinking endless Pils and getting angrier and funnier by the bottle.

Our kid worked with Smith about ten years ago. He (our kid) helped set up the sound for the album The Fall were recording. At the end of each session, he’d get in a car, take our kid and several other people with him and barrel around Manchester drinking endless Pils and getting angrier and funnier by the bottle.

That's a great anecdote ;-) Thanks for posting

Great article. Had no idea she’d died. Clearly instrumental in making MES and The Fall what they were. The snippet of her on the BBC documentary from years ago, bollocking someone on the ‘phone (Tony Wilson?) tells you all you need to know about her. I think every family in Manchester has at least one sister, aunt, grandma in the same vein. I know I do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.