Fernandinho - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think posts like these are really a disrespect to Debryune.

I keep seeing them every week. I. Sorry, but there are 3 players who our team depend on. Debryune, Ederson Silva.

I love Dihno too, but he is like Otamendi. Very good, but not the key.

No disrespect to De Bruyne as he is the best midfielder in the world but we have options in his position as well as Silva’s. Yes there is a drop in quality when they don’t play but it is incomparable to missing Ederson or Fernandinho.

My point is we can get by without Kevin and David and have done so in many games but without Fern and Ederson we struggle and our style of play changes. If you can’t see this then I don’t know what else to say to you.

No disrespect to De Bruyne as he is the best midfielder in the world but we have options in his position as well as Silva’s. Yes there is a drop in quality when they don’t play but it is incomparable to missing Ederson or Fernandinho.

My point is we can get by without Kevin and David and have done so in many games but without Fern and Ederson we struggle and our style of play changes. If you can’t see this then I don’t know what else to say to you.

Don't get how you can say this about DeBruyne because we haven't been in a posipositthis season where we've had to get by without him, thankfully.

I think both KDB and Dinho are both incredibly important to this team and it's difficult to say who we're more reliant on. We're like a finely tuned Supercar. Take one or both away and and we go from being a an exceptional team to simply a very good one. Dinho provides the cover our back four require defensively whilst giving us cohesion and stability in building our possession based attacks.

KDB however has the precision and penetration that no one else in the side can muster with so much regularity, particularly in tight games. He's our 'crack' player. The only one who can single-handedly win us a game. If I had to choose to miss one of the two it would undoubtedly be Dinho cos while it would upset our rhythm and make us more vulnerable, we'd still win games through the sheer brilliance and creativity of De Bruyne.

Don't get how you can say this about DeBruyne because we haven't been in a posipositthis season where we've had to get by without him, thankfully.

True but even D.Silvia with Gundogan (instead of Kev) is much better than having Yaya or anyone else at DM.

True but even D.Silvia with Gundogan (instead of Kev) is much better than having Yaya or anyone else at DM.

Perhaps, not going to argue as we haven't had the chance to see how others would cope in Fernandinho's role either, Delph or Gundogan for example.

Perhaps, not going to argue as we haven't had the chance to see how others would cope in Fernandinho's role either, Delph or Gundogan for example.

Delph maybe but it baffles me that people think Gundogan would be a great success there. He is pulling out of many tackles in the free 8 position and some want him at DM. He would struggle.

Delph maybe but it baffles me that people think Gundogan would be a great success there. He is pulling out of many tackles in the free 8 position and some want him at DM. He would struggle.

I hear you on Gundogan's seeming reluctance to put the boot in but I don't believe that's as important in that role as some make out. Fernandinho for example only makes 2 tackles per game, for me it's more about his positional sense and his ability in the dark arts that sees him thrive in the defensive side of that role. Aerial ability is another factor where Fernandinho would be ahead of Gundo.

I think Gundogan is a better passer and on a par with Fernandinho for carrying the ball, so on the offensive side of that role I think he'd outperform Fernandinho.

I agree. Gundy would struggle and is a bit reluctant to tackle for fear of getting injured. Delph is the player who would Probably do best as a DM in Fernandinho'' absence.

If Debryune plays Dihno's position, there will be no drop off. The drop off is predicated on choosing not to play Debryune there because he is so much more important elsewhere.

Besides, we did not struggle when Delph played instead of Dihno. Folks keep confusing a struggle that's mostly the consequence of playing an aged Yaya instead of Dihno and then generalizing it to everyone.

We struggle when Yaya is the replacement. But we've had pockets of minutes with Debryune, Gundogan and Delph as the DM, and there really wasn't a drop off.

In most games where Dihno didn't play (the cup games) Ederson didn't play either. It's Ederson's absence that caused a significant portion of the drop off not Dihno's.

If Debryune plays Dihno's position, there will be no drop off. The drop off is predicated on choosing not to play Debryune there because he is so much more important elsewhere.

Besides, we did not struggle when Delph played instead of Dihno. Folks keep confusing a struggle that's mostly the consequence of playing an aged Yaya instead of Dihno and then generalizing it to everyone.

We struggle when Yaya is the replacement. But we've had pockets of minutes with Debryune, Gundogan and Delph as the DM, and there really wasn't a drop off.

In most games where Dihno didn't play (the cup games) Ederson didn't play either. It's Ederson's absence that caused a significant portion of the drop off not Dihno's.
Yeah, I think whilst Fernandinho does an extremely important job that really ties our attack and defence together, he's arguably the most easily replaceable guy in our team. Part of the reason for his significance I feel comes from the lack of immediate depth we have in the position, but as you say when we've rotated it around a bit in the middle we haven't suffered too much.

I love the guy, and I'm happy for him to be in the team for as long as his legs work; he is a really great player for us. But skillset wise, he's not the MOST unique right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.