Fernandinho - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think whilst Fernandinho does an extremely important job that really ties our attack and defence together, he's arguably the most easily replaceable guy in our team. Part of the reason for his significance I feel comes from the lack of immediate depth we have in the position, but as you say when we've rotated it around a bit in the middle we haven't suffered too much.

I love the guy, and I'm happy for him to be in the team for as long as his legs work; he is a really great player for us. But skillset wise, he's not the MOST unique right?
You express my views so succinctly :) I should hire you

If Debryune plays Dihno's position, there will be no drop off. The drop off is predicated on choosing not to play Debryune there because he is so much more important elsewhere.

Besides, we did not struggle when Delph played instead of Dihno. Folks keep confusing a struggle that's mostly the consequence of playing an aged Yaya instead of Dihno and then generalizing it to everyone.

We struggle when Yaya is the replacement. But we've had pockets of minutes with Debryune, Gundogan and Delph as the DM, and there really wasn't a drop off.

In most games where Dihno didn't play (the cup games) Ederson didn't play either. It's Ederson's absence that caused a significant portion of the drop off not Dihno's.
Other players filling in as a DM against some lesser teams in the PL or domestic Cups is one thing but filling in against the likes of Barca or PSG is a different matter entirely. They are likely to see more of the ball than our usual opponents which will mean more pressure on the DM position - even in the two matches against Napoli we saw less of the ball than we're accustomed to.

Other players filling in as a DM against some lesser teams in the PL or domestic Cups is one thing but filling in against the likes of Barca or PSG is a different matter entirely. They are likely to see more of the ball than our usual opponents which will mean more pressure on the DM position - even in the two matches against Napoli we saw less of the ball than we're accustomed to.
Like Mccity said, I appreciate the job he does, I just don't rate himas unreplaceably as I do Silva, Debryune or Ederson.

He does his job well. But against Barca or PSG I'd still be extremely confident with a midfield 3 of Silva/Gundogan as the 8's and Debryune at DM.

The truth is we are not guaranteed to beat these teams anyway, so Dihno's absence or presence isn't a decider.

He was there at Liverpool, and we were overun. So it can happen regardless of who plays.

Ferny is one of the best all rounders in the team, tactically he is astute and don't underestimate his leadership qualities (that can't be taught).

Last edited:
He's been amazing this season I think its helped not having Yaya in the team who slowed things down massively.

I think I said it would be that case of Yaya was dropped last year and took the abuse from the usual suspects on BM.

Happy for Ferna.

does the booking accumulation go until the end of the season, or is there a cut-off point? Injury will keep him out a few games then I think one more card until a 2-match ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.