VAR (PL introduction 2019)

The game is not played as per normal. Far from it. As far as you could imagine. Goal is scored, nobody celebrates, because we all wait for VAR. Wagner was so correct - it will and has killed the emotion. But hey, if it means we get robots deciding football, then the happy-clappers will be...happy. But they won't be clapping. VAR will have destroyed all enjoyment. It's a fucking game of football, where all the dramas of previous games (Aguero being the ultimate) would be rendered redundant if we have VAR. Fucking garbage. And anyone that thinks it's a good thing, have a look at rugby/cricket. Nearly every single decision is reviewed. I'll side with Buffon and Wagner.
drama queen

I'm confused what bit is rubbish. So you're saying the commentator was wrong and that any goal scored from an incorrectly awarded corner would be allowed to stand?
We are not that far into yet,it won't be not stopping a corner in case they score,anything can happen from a corner,it won't be stopping play unless the ref has missed something or for pens etc,people are getting their knickers in a knot and saying all kinds of rubbish,lets see how it unfolds and is used during the cup final then revisit on sunday evening

It's a game. And there are mistakes. I'd take that all day long over VAR.

If you were relegated because of mistakes, you'd think otherwise.

But I guess you believe "it all evens out"

Funny how it hasn't taken any emotion out of it for other sports fanbases, if anything it builds the tension.

I'm sick of being screwed out of goals and penalties over the years and seeing blatant match fixing and ineptitude.

If VAR fixes it, bring it on. Just mic the refs so we can hear them talk shite and eliminate the secrecy.

I may have misunderstood this as I was only half watching yesterday but in the first half of the rags' game, Huddersfield got a corner. The replay showed there'd been a foul or it shouldn't have been a corner for whatever reason. The commentator then said "This will be interesting if Huddersfield score here because it will have to be disallowed."

No, that was because the ball wasn't placed correctly in the corner arc - it wasn't even close either. Pretty daft thing to do by the player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.