VAR (PL introduction 2019)

well, it should be as close as possible, it's currently miles away. Can't see how it kills the tempo when Mata had scored and the game was dead anyway. All we did was play an extra minute once the game re-started. Just whinging for whinging's sake.
Trouble is, the law says that the ‘benefit of the doubt’ goes to the attacking team. What VAR did, last night at least, was remove than from English football. Means less goals will be scored because someone is 1 inch offside, which will be proved after 5 minutes, following 6 replays and lines being drawn on the pitch. Luckily VAR is committing suicide before our very eyes!

Trouble is, the law says that the ‘benefit of the doubt’ goes to the attacking team. What VAR did, last night at least, was remove than from English football. Means less goals will be scored because someone is 1 inch offside, which will be proved after 5 minutes, following 6 replays and lines being drawn on the pitch. Luckily VAR is committing suicide before our very eyes!

so you'd rather not have it, have more leg breaking tackles go unpunished whilst United continue to win by wrong calls and cheating?

Funny attitude for a blue.

so you'd rather not have it, have more leg breaking tackles go unpunished whilst United continue to win by wrong calls and cheating?

Funny attitude for a blue.
But it’s not being used for that is it? Nobody has been sent off with VAR, it’s being used for matters of opinion not matters of fact and, once again, it’s being used to piss on the people who pay money to actually go to the game, keeping them in the dark whilst god knows what conversations are taking place between the on-field and off-field referees. So no, on reflection, I’d rather not have it.

But it’s not being used for that is it? Nobody has been sent off with VAR, it’s being used for matters of opinion not matters of fact and, once again, it’s being used to piss on the people who pay money to actually go to the game, keeping them in the dark whilst god knows what conversations are taking place between the on-field and off-field referees. So no, on reflection, I’d rather not have it.

offside is a matter of fact. Can't fathom why people would rather be cheated constantly that have to wait maybe a minute for the correct decision, somewhat perverse. Guess some "Blues" don't want what's best for the club and to protect our players...

offside is a matter of fact. Can't fathom why people would rather be cheated constantly that have to wait maybe a minute for the correct decision, somewhat perverse. Guess some "Blues" don't want what's best for the club and to protect our players...
What’s this “blues” shit? You might not agree about VAR but don’t start playing the old “I’m a bigger blue than you” bollocks.

Tempo dies, atmosphere is killed stone dead.
This notion that it's good because it makes the 'right decisions' baffles me.
When has football ever been 100% right? To save some time i'll answer that. Never.
This. VAR will be the death-knell for football as we know it. You know it's shite when the players and managers call it out for what it is: a fucking abomination.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.