Do you really believe the league is over...?

This last week has convinced me. I didn’t think we’d get maximum points against arsenal and Chelsea. Well we did. And easily too. The players and management will NOT allow anything to get in their way. We have a singular focus. Nothing can stop us.

So is that singular focus on the Premier League or Champions League?

If Liverpool beat United and we beat Stoke then we only need 6 points.

For me the 'when' will be decided based upon this weekends results, if we win and United don't then we will win it in the derby...!

They will probably beat Liverpool though, they HAVE to to prevent the above.

For me the 'when' will be decided based upon this weekends results, if we win and United don't then we will win it in the derby...!

Please see my previous, even if they beat dippers, we win the league against them IF we beat Stoke and Everton.

]

I think you are wrong! If Liverpol win all their games before the Derby they can still get one point more than us.

For me, the league has been over since the game at Stamford Bridge.

We went into that game at a stage in the season where there were several teams thinking that they could win the title, including Chelsea. At the home of the defending champions, I thought we would get a point and maybe all three in a closely fought game...the reality was completely different.

We not only beat Chelsea, we destroyed them, on their own patch. Controlling a game in a manner that hadn't really been seen before in England, with superior tactics of power, pace, movement, closing down and superb passing. This, in my opinion, was the defining moment when the rest of the league sat up and thought "FUCK". Maybe not supporters and journos but the people that really matter, players and managers - psychologically they were beaten. Professionals at every other club saw that performance and recognised something very special indeed was happening under Pep.

From that moment on teams, were beaten before they went onto the pitch against us with the exception of one match at Anfield (even then we nearly came away with a point).

All in my humble opinion of course.

]

I think you are wrong! If Liverpol win all their games before the Derby they can still get one point more than us.

Watch my lips. Max number of points dippers can get, even if they beat rags AND win all their other games this season is 87 which is 9 points more than we have now. So win our next 3, Stoke, Everton, and Rags, 3 x 3 = 9, so level with them with a hugely better GD. Not 1 point difference. Hope you follow the maths. :)

For me, the league has been over since the game at Stamford Bridge.

We went into that game at a stage in the season where there were several teams thinking that they could win the title, including Chelsea. At the home of the defending champions, I thought we would get a point and maybe all three in a closely fought game...the reality was completely different.

We not only beat Chelsea, we destroyed them, on their own patch. Controlling a game in a manner that hadn't really been seen before in England, with superior tactics of power, pace, movement, closing down and superb passing. This, in my opinion, was the defining moment when the rest of the league sat up and thought "FUCK". Maybe not supporters and journos but the people that really matter, players and managers - psychologically they were beaten. Professionals at every other club saw that performance and recognised something very special indeed was happening under Pep.

From that moment on teams, were beaten before they went onto the pitch against us with the exception of one match at Anfield (even then we nearly came away with a point).

All in my humble opinion of course.

This was my favourite game of the season for all the reasons you say. The Kevin De-Bruyne goal especially was brilliant. I like close games (scoreline wise) that finish 1-0 with the goal scored at a crucial time late in the game and the best team winning.

I know I'm being soft but I still felt a bit anxious when the rags won 3-2 v palace the other night. That late goal pissed me off. But I try to think rationally - the gap is still 16 points and this team is very professional and full of hard bastards - physically and mentally. They are not typical City !

Watch my lips. Max number of points dippers can get, even if they beat rags AND win all their other games this season is 87 which is 9 points more than we have now. So win our next 3, Stoke, Everton, and Rags, 3 x 3 = 9, so level with them with a hugely better GD. Not 1 point difference. Hope you follow the maths. :)

good man I do indeed. So we would not technically still have won it - even if we win the next 3 but as good as. I still want the Rags and Dippers to draw. Then us win the next 3 and we can have a party.

But it wouldn't be 100% mathematically certain if there was still the goal difference issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.