Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Savic, DeJong, Ndombele. I'll take any of those 3 over Fabihno. And probably Jorghino too. I think too many are mistaking having a long interest in Fabihno for him being a better fit.

He is a very good player, but not a perfect fit or even great one. He isn't like Fernandihno. Even though repeating that has become a bit of a mantra.

He is more like Nzonzi. Yes he is tall and thats nice. But it isn't a deal maker, besides Savic is taller. He can play Rightback, but this is one of those superfluous points. We have Walker, Danilo and Maffeo on the way. Another guy who "also can play RB" isn't much of a sell. A better sell is how good he plays DM and DM only.

I like Fabihno and in watching him a little more this season, I think he is an underated passer. But he won't be my fist choice. Even in the French league, Ndombele just pops off the page better. De Jong and Savic add something to the offense that he doesn't. And it's irrelevant that Savic is a B2B midfielder... People say this ignoring the fact that so was Dihno.

As far as being footballers go, Those three are technically superior and I like them more. The little ( and it will be very little) we lose on defense will be gao ed in explosiveness going forward. And we'd need that as teams become even more determined to park an even tighter bus against us next season.

I think, Fabinho has a 19/20 penalty success rate over his career (Aguero 39/48, Jesus 2/1, and Toure 15/15). Not saying it's a deal breaker, but I used to like the feeling when YaYa ambled up to take a penalty, and I rather miss it (no pun intended) now.

Savic, DeJong, Ndombele. I'll take any of those 3 over Fabihno. And probably Jorghino too. I think too many are mistaking having a long interest in Fabihno for him being a better fit.

He is a very good player, but not a perfect fit or even great one. He isn't like Fernandihno. Even though repeating that has become a bit of a mantra.

He is more like Nzonzi. Yes he is tall and thats nice. But it isn't a deal maker, besides Savic is taller. He can play Rightback, but this is one of those superfluous points. We have Walker, Danilo and Maffeo on the way. Another guy who "also can play RB" isn't much of a sell. A better sell is how good he plays DM and DM only.

I like Fabihno and in watching him a little more this season, I think he is an underated passer. But he won't be my fist choice. Even in the French league, Ndombele just pops off the page better. De Jong and Savic add something to the offense that he doesn't. And it's irrelevant that Savic is a B2B midfielder... People say this ignoring the fact that so was Dihno.

As far as being footballers go, Those three are technically superior and I like them more. The little ( and it will be very little) we lose on defense will be gao ed in explosiveness going forward. And we'd need that as teams become even more determined to park an even tighter bus against us next season.
Wonder how much ground do these players cover per game. And in what regimes (walking/jogging/accelerating). Such things are very important for Dinho's successor but very difficult to assess by an eye.

I think, Fabinho has a 19/20 penalty success rate over his career (Aguero 39/48, Jesus 2/1, and Toure 15/15). Not saying it's a deal breaker, but I used to like the feeling when YaYa ambled up to take a penalty, and I rather miss it (no pun intended) now.
jesus scored 2 goals with one penalty ?

This. When Yaya stepped up, you just knew it was going in. Must say I’m a little nervous every time Aguero takes one.

Fabinho would really be perfect for us and the PL in general. I’m afraid if we don’t get him we’ll see him playing for a rival for years.

This. When Yaya stepped up, you just knew it was going in. Must say I’m a little nervous every time Aguero takes one.

Fabinho would really be perfect for us and the PL in general. I’m afraid if we don’t get him we’ll see him playing for a rival for years.
If we don't get him it will be because we see someone else as a better fit, I'm happy to leave it to Pep he knows the position better than anyone, and after 2 years know the league.

think our interest in Fabinho ended when we bought Danilo, yes Fabinho is better but he turned us down when we had a vacancy in that area, now we do not and there is no point in paying 60 million plus for a reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.