Fabinho

Status
Not open for further replies.
think our interest in Fabinho ended when we bought Danilo, yes Fabinho is better but he turned us down when we had a vacancy in that area, now we do not and there is no point in paying 60 million plus for a reserve

I’m always a bit cynical about players who can play 2 or 3 positions. They are rarely world class at any of them and can suffer for their versatility. From what I’ve seen Danilo is good in a number of positions but not world class - but to be fair he hasn’t had a run in any position.

I’m always a bit cynical about players who can play 2 or 3 positions. They are rarely world class at any of them and can suffer for their versatility. From what I’ve seen Danilo is good in a number of positions but not world class - but to be fair he hasn’t had a run in any position.
the old story of `master of none` Danilo is better than Walker at passing and tackling but Walker does a better job of commanding his position they are a good mix

think our interest in Fabinho ended when we bought Danilo, yes Fabinho is better but he turned us down when we had a vacancy in that area, now we do not and there is no point in paying 60 million plus for a reserve

I am not seeing the comparison...

Danilo is an RB than can play LB and supposedly DM. He has played for us more often at LB than at RB.

Fabinho has been transformed into a DM and hasn’t even played RB since the 15/16 season... he would be bought to play DM and in case first and second choice right backs were injured we would have a former right back in Fabinho ready to step in. Not a major benefit but still a plus.

Also Fabinho didn’t turn us down...Monaco did, after selling Mendy, Bakayoko, Bernardo, Mbappe they didn’t want or need to sell anyone else.

I am not seeing the comparison...

Danilo is an RB than can play LB and supposedly DM. He has played for us more often at LB than at RB.

Fabinho has been transformed into a DM and hasn’t even played RB since the 15/16 season... he would be bought to play DM and in case first and second choice right backs were injured we would have a former right back in Fabinho ready to step in. Not a major benefit but still a plus.

Also Fabinho didn’t turn us down...Monaco did, after selling Mendy, Bakayoko, Bernardo, Mbappe they didn’t want or need to sell anyone else.
Except we went in for Fabinho before all those others even had an offer put to Monaco, i agree with you on most of the rest but as i said 60 million on a position we do not have a vacancy in??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.