Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clichy never had the ability to cross. Nothing pissed me off more than seeing us finally work it wide to create an opportunity to cross the ball and Clichy, after running 70 yards to get there, tamely passed it back to Silva or Yaya.
Remember City's first goal at Wolves in 2011/12 that Aguero scored? Guess who put in the inch-perfect cross to him.
(To save you using Google, I'll give you the answer: it was Clichy)

That must have been hell, watching him win 2 premier leagues and 2 league cups
Enough said!

Remember City's first goal at Wolves in 2011/12 that Aguero scored? Guess who put in the inch-perfect cross to him.

Enough said!

That's more of a pass and whilst I get where you are coming from, it means nothing; the guy couldn't cross. In his what 6 years at city I can barely remember a decent ball he put in down the left at the Etihad and my season ticket is right on the spot he used to end up before he turned backwards.

That's more of a pass and whilst I get where you are coming from, it means nothing; the guy couldn't cross. In his what 6 years at city I can barely remember a decent ball he put in down the left at the Etihad and my season ticket is right on the spot he used to end up before he turned backwards.

Derby winner in 2015

Pep will be very careful with him.

He'll also be influenced by the fact that when Sane came back he lacked rythm for the first couple of games, before sparking back into life. Ditto to a lesser extent, Jesus. Mendy has been out for much longer and has a bigger physique. Its bound to take him a few games to get fully match fit. Don't think he'll be risked in the next 4 games unless we can afford to bring him on for 20 mins at the end of those games.

Enough said!

It was a good ball that game and over 5 years, there’ll be examples of him successfully crossing the ball in the same way that there’ll be examples of Navas scoring goals but in the same way that Navas wasn’t a great finisher, Clichy wasn’t a very good crosser. It probably didn’t help that he was competing against arguably the best crosser the Prem has ever seen in Kolarov but it was extremely frustrating to watch at times and although I don’t think he was a bad servant to City, if he had that asset to his game, who knows how many more trophies we could have won?

He'll also be influenced by the fact that when Sane came back he lacked rythm for the first couple of games, before sparking back into life. Ditto to a lesser extent, Jesus. Mendy has been out for much longer and has a bigger physique. Its bound to take him a few games to get fully match fit. Don't think he'll be risked in the next 4 games unless we can afford to bring him on for 20 mins at the end of those games.
you kidding me? hasn't he been in training for like three weeks now? and we still have a little over another week to go before we play again. Should be good enough for the bench at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.