Nuclear fallout bunkers

When I was at school in the late 70's, I remember watching a short film about what to do if we were given a four minute warning in the event of an atom bomb strike. They said to whitewash the windows and hide behind the sofa with a sheet over it. I'm not joking either, even though it was laughable.

I think I'll crack open a beer roll a spliff, put on What is the world waiting for/Stone Roses........"Stop the world, stop the world, I'm getting of, I'm gettin off".

The world is mad enough without worrying yourself to death about a nuclear strike.

Which is exactly why it will never happen. There is no money to be made when making dust out of consumers, be that people waiting outside Next or those peddling the next generation of nuclear missiles. Its a money go round, based on mutual fear of destruction but the need to be competitive. Its a pyramid scheme of shit for arms developers and retired politicians

Agree, but it could happen accidentally or it could happen if a rogue nation or terrorist managed to obtain a warhead

About 15 years ago we worked on some flats in town that have nuclear shelters underneath but not for the residents. Can't reveal the location official secrets act,either that or I've forgot where they are.

Just wondering where we go if we get the word that a war is about to start. Where are the facilities? Considering the millions of people who need protected, I've not seen any bunkers near us?
There's nothing north of Whitehall.

Us plebs aren't privileged enough to survive an attack.

There's nothing north of Whitehall.

Us plebs aren't privileged enough to survive an attack.

So who's going to be earning them money after it? Who's going to be doing the mundane chores us 'plebs' currently do to keep the 'elite' in the lifestyle their accustomed to? Seriously do any of you conspiracy nuts even think these things through?

So who's going to be earning them money after it? Who's going to be doing the mundane chores us 'plebs' currently do to keep the 'elite' in the lifestyle their accustomed to? Seriously do any of you conspiracy nuts even think these things through?
I was taking the piss.

For the record I don't think it will ever happen. Its called a deterrent for a reason. The vast majority of humans couldn't live with making such a Hollywood decision.

telephone exchange on george st in town or the Mcdonald hotel in the old BT building, plus another entarnce on the estate on grovesner st in ardwick

Sadly, soon after completion, the capacity of the latest nuclear weapons had gotten so much more powerful that the Guardian bunkers became obsolete, and were flogged to BT.

Bugger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.