Madeleine McCann

Too many unanswered questions for my liking. (blood in the car; swapping their hire car; cadaver dogs picking up scent; Kate's refusal to take a lie detector; refusal to allow medical samples (hair) from the other children, statements from the other diners at the restaurant, etc.). Something doesn't sit right with the whole affair.

How that pair haven't been hammered for child neglect is beyond me.
This

What they did was child neglect, the moment I start taking pity on child neglecting will be the day I will feel the need to take pity on child abusers as well.... both go hand in hand for me.

People make mistakes, they make error in judgment, but when it's so careless as to but a small child's life in danger..... nah not good enough for me!
Unreasonably harsh in my view. I hope you never have to suffer any such life-changing catastrophe. (Genuinely).

I think you're right, your thoughts are unreasonable if you feel no pity. I cannot imagine the pain they've been through, and although they made a terrible error of judgement, my word how they have paid for it. It's not like any of us have never made a terrible mistake.

FWIW, my parents would often leave me and my sister alone in the hotel room when on holiday. Or in the car in the middle of Manchester whilst they went shopping. I don't condone it, but it's what people did.

I also find the mob role, groupthink, lynch mob outrage about the McCanns disgusting. I mean variations on the phrase "They shouldn't have left them alone" must have been repeated literally billion of times over the last ten years. Do none of you pityless clowns not think that these people haven't considered that before?

Makes me sick. When I look back through the years I can think of many mistakes I have made which potentially endangered my children's lives. I almost had a 60 mph head on collision over Christmas with all three of my kids in the car because I was turning the radio over. I let my non-swimming boys go on a speedboat without a lifejacket once. I can remember my wife and I getting really pissed and sharing a bed with our daughter when she was only a few months old. We all make mistakes. They made a big one but the price they paid could not be any higher.

Unreasonably harsh in my view. I hope you never have to suffer any such life-changing catastrophe. (Genuinely).

Don't get me wrong I feel sorry for anyone who loses a child, you hear of children that go missing whilst out with their parents shopping, and I can respect that it's difficult to watch children whilst doing something else.

Even though I don't have children myself, I know what it's like to love and care for a person so unconditionally that you would put yourself at risk if it were to ensure their saftey, and the feeling when that person is gone can not only be soul destroying but also have a massive mental impact on you for the rest of your life.

The Mcanns could have easily avoided this, it's not the case of the child wandering off but the parents themselves, I'm not gong to claim I understand what they're going through as I have no idea, but hypothetically if it were me that had left my child alone to be abducted, I don't think I would ever forgive myself and would probably have suicidal tendencies...... I would expect no sympathy though, I would only hope people would hold my child in their thoughts.

I also find the mob role, groupthink, lynch mob outrage about the McCanns disgusting. I mean variations on the phrase "They shouldn't have left them alone" must have been repeated literally billion of times over the last ten years. Do none of you pityless clowns not think that these people haven't considered that before?

Makes me sick. When I look back through the years I can think of many mistakes I have made which potentially endangered my children's lives. I almost had a 60 mph head on collision over Christmas with all three of my kids in the car because I was turning the radio over. I let my non-swimming boys go on a speedboat without a lifejacket once. I can remember my wife and I getting really pissed and sharing a bed with our daughter when she was only a few months old. We all make mistakes. They made a big one but the price they paid could not be any higher.

well said

The old "we all make mistakes" excuse just seems like a massive cop out..... would you pity a drunk driver because "we all make mistakes"?, or a child sex offender for not seeking help instead of acting out on their urges because "we all make mistakes"?...

The "mistakes" you listed there albeit the 60 mph as long as it was on singe carriageway aren't mistakes, they're careless actions which you would expect a grown person to have the common sense to avoid.

I'm not claiming to be perfect myself, I've done stupid reckless things, would I expect pity? No, I would expect someone to call me an idiot and tell me to sort myself out, which they have done in the past.

well said

Whilst i agree with DD to a certain degree i'd also guess that he never let his boys go on a speedboat again without a life jacket, or get in bed pissed up another time with his young baby or mess around with the radio at 60 miles an hour.
It's not just the fact they left their children alone that grates with me but the fact that they did it on numerous occasions, one of those being reported that Madeleine was crying out for her dad for over an hour. People make mistakes, they did, but obviously didn't want to learn from theirs.

IMO, they know what happened to her, too much has gone on which is well documented, from their behaviour to witness statements, that makes me think they were in some way complicit in this.

The old "we all make mistakes" excuse just seems like a massive cop out..... would you pity a drunk driver because "we all make mistakes"?, or a child sex offender for not seeking help instead of acting out on their urges because "we all make mistakes"?...

The "mistakes" you listed there albeit the 60 mph as long as it was on singe carriageway aren't mistakes, they're careless actions which you would expect a grown person to have the common sense to avoid.

I'm not claiming to be perfect myself, I've done stupid reckless things, would I expect pity? No, I would expect someone to call me an idiot and tell me to sort myself out, which they have done in the past.

I don't pity them because they've done something reckless. I pity them because they have lost a child.

I don't pity them because they've done something reckless. I pity them because they have lost a child.

I think everyone did pity them 10 years ago when it happened, but now it's a case of people being more upset/angry that they have gotten away with child neglect than anything else... that's what it is in my case anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.