Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth I don't believe those figures for United either. The Rags are similar to us (whether they believe it or not). They get up to a few thousand no-shows mainly in the upper tiers. The police figures are estimates not tickets sold.

I'd always assumed the police figures were the number of turnstile clicks. That info would be available pretty quickly after the entrance gates have closed.

Agree with this. That's why we should pick our battles carefully. It's the lack of respect that gets under my skin. I drank with some great Everton fans in the pub on Saturday and we compared notes about Liverpool fans and Rags. The reason they despise Liverpool so much (and it has now become a very ugly fixture off the field) is that the Liverpool fans have treated them with contempt for decades.

I think Liverpool and their fans treat everyone else with contempt tbh. Other clubs, fans, racism, winning things, players who dare to leave. All the ingredients of a self entitled club. God I hope we beat them!

I'd always assumed the police figures were the number of turnstile clicks. That info would be available pretty quickly after the entrance gates have closed.

That is my understanding also. People who actually pass through the turnstiles. Only the club could release that info to them.

I had the misfortune about 5 years ago of having to spend an afternoon in Liverpool, waiting for a passport so ended up having a couple of beers in the City Centre. The red dippers were playing that evening in Europe and the place was packed with tourists and their souvenirs from the club shops. Everton fans we got talking to just hate the out of towners so much, they just talk so much shite. A girl decked in her dipper outfit came out with the following gem "how long is the interval at football?" I fucking pissed myself, no further questioning of the accused is required my Lord.

Oddly, I was there last Saturday, unfortunately got a bit lost, as luck would have it (or so I thought), the red dippers had been playing Bayern in a charity match earlier in the day, so thought any one of these tramps in red dipper shirts would surely know the way to the O2, fuck me, I gave up after the 5th one, they didn't have a clue, knew the way to Lime Street though pmsl, in the end I just asked some randomer who pointed me in the right direction.

local fans, MY ARSE !

The police figures given at old trafford were very specific (64,294, 64,996 and 66,847)...which is odd if they were guessing...someone's telling porkies.

I presume the police figures go off the turnstile 'clicks' so they know exactly how many entered the ground. They need accurate information so that in the event of something going wrong they can act accordingly. All clubs want to show themselves in good light so will include all tickets sold which is bound to be a higher number than actually attend. The point of this story is begining to be missed. The Sun simpy made up the figures to show us in a bad light, that said why anyone is getting worked up by a two bit comic I don't know.

I received a post via fb today it doesn’t need any words adding but I have no idea how to post it on here
Anybody help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.