Liverpool or United - Which fixture is more important?

If we'd been offered this position back in August I guess most of us would a) have needed resuscitation, and b) not believed it. We are where we are and the league is guaranteed so let's just get on with sorting the scousers out.

by far the most important game to win is Liverpool, league done and dusted...

Had we been equal points with rags and final game of the season, personally I would put winning the league Vs rags as better than Liverpool in CL qtr final.

Second best for me, after 93:20.
Yeah me as well, don’t get me wrong it will be special night but for it to match QPR game we would have to beat United in CL final in similar fashion

Apparently Pep has already said he's willing to field a weakened side against the scum to prioritize the CL.

A masterstroke by Pep. After the Everton win there was a fair bit of euphoria from the players, clearly salivating at the prospect of winning the title against United. Pep has basically told them "Well you might not be playing against United so can you please focus on the Liverpool game?"

Its also creates mayhem for Mourinho's preparations for the game. Should he spend all week working on his plan to stop Silva & De Bruyne when one or both might not start? How big a bus will he need?

Pep will obviously make the 2 or 3 changes that he always makes whenever we have played a game in midweek. He might also decide to give Kompany a rest since 4 games in 11 days could be too big a risk. Whether he goes further and rests players such as De Bruyne, Silva, Fernandhino, Sane or Walker is a different matter. If those players want to play against United then they have an even greater incentive to kill off the CL tie tommorrow.

Equally important for me. If the Liverpool quarter final was over one game, then I'd absolutely prioritise that. Beating Utd to be crowned Champions of England is once in a lifetime stuff...

I hope and expect City to do whatever it takes to win the CL tie including resting players against Utd. I desperately want to beat Utd to win the league against them, but we have the 2nd leg on Tuesday and Wednesday's game will be tremendously draining so Guardiola will have to rotate. Playing your strongest side does mean rotation if you have fresh players like Stones, or Bernardo Silva in your squad.

In the grand scheme of things, the dippers game.

Most of the Rag's I know have always prioritised the Dipper's game over the the Derby, so the fact that the Manchester Derby isn't our most important game of the season must be killing the Rag's.

I could not choose as for me both are as important as each other for so many reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.