Liverpool or United - Which fixture is more important?

Oh I agree, if we go onto win the CL then in hindsight the Liverpool game will without a doubt be looked back on as far more important. Part of me wishes they weren't in the same week so that Pep could put his strongest eleven out for both. Having said that, Bernardo is hardly a downgrade from Sterling nor is Aguero a downgrade from Jesus so I don't see why we can't win both. Could end up being one of if not the best week in our history.

That’s what’s keeping me awake with excitement. This lot are so good that we could win the next three games comfortably and have the most memorable 10 days ever, where we utterly underline our domestic dominance and move onto a crack at the big one with no other distractions.

The hand of history is on our shoulder.

That’s what’s keeping me awake with excitement. This lot are so good that we could win the next three games comfortably and have the most memorable 10 days ever, where we utterly underline our domestic dominance and move onto a crack at the big one with no other distractions.

The hand of history is on our shoulder.
If we get to the final and have a chance of winning the treble, I don't think I'll have any nails left.

Absolutely Liverpool!
City already has champion title. A question is rags humiliation or the CL.

Winning the champions league would be remembered even more than any derby win. It would be the best moment in City’s entire 124 year history . That’s what the stakes are here.
Second best for me, after 93:20.

Pep’s priority is to win the Liverpool tie and to do that he might rest players for all or part of the derby game.

If he does that and we fail to beat rags, I hope there will be no recriminations here or elsewhere.

Pep’s priority is to win the Liverpool tie and to do that he might rest players for all or part of the derby game.

If he does that and we fail to beat rags, I hope there will be no recriminations here or elsewhere.
There won't be.

I suppose each blue amongst us has his own particular reasoning for prioritising either the old enemy or the deluded scousers.
I can see reason for both. Some blues can't bring themselves to warm to the Champions League as a competition either because of its history as a mere money maker for the old elite or more recent UEFA double dealing. What cannot be doubted is that in the players minds that the CL is an aspirational competition to take part in from an elite players perspective and reaching the later stages is confirmation of their elite status. Along with the Kudos there are no doubt greater financial rewards to be had but I suspect recognition by their peers both current and past is equally as important.
No doubt winning the league against the self entitled twats from old toilet would be special and such an opportunity is unlikely to present itself again.
Personally I would go full strength in the 1st tie at Anfield and then see where we are with any injuries or fitness issues and go from there which is what I think Pep will do.
Let's do them both please.....!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.