Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

Pschologically just absolutely weak tonight.

Pep’s starting XI played a part but we still should have played far better.

That first half was up there with one of the worst in the last 15-20 years for me.

I just wonder whether we should have been a bit more pragmatic as well. Jose gets slaughtered for his football but no way would he have lost 3-0 tonight with that City team.

We are going to have to do what Barca did to PSG last season now.
“Jose” fuck off!!!

Although the pre-match stuff was a disgrace, to not even muster a shot on target against that Liverpool team is pathetic.

If City go out with a whimper (which looks likely) to another English team it will take a considerable amount of gloss off what has been up till now an unbelievable season.

Did not expect that level of capitulation from a team that has shown so much character this season. Extremely disappointing.

The real pisser would be if they go any further in this competition

How do we lose to a midfield of Henderson Ox and Milner? Just how? How? How? Silva KDB Fernandinho... they should’ve wanked over their faces ffs. I’m so pissed and so fucking gutted ffs
in gutted too mate but there's a fear factor in this type of fixture with our players. It's psychological in many respects .

Jesus is incapable of leading the line. Kun has strength in abundance. Like a boy against men. However the selection of gundog was the craziest decision Ive seen in years. Italy's the place for him or New York where they play at half pace. Fuck sake bar the front three they're an average side. we'll need to shit goals on tuesday. lets hope they players are as furious as the fans are at that.

Pep needs to go back to playing the usual team with the usual tactics for the home leg, that means Delph as left back and Sterling on the right.

Gundogan needs dropping and preferably be sold in the summer, he offers nothing to the team.

Gundogan got shafted tonight. Stuck out on the wing, out of position, first half. Then given 10 mins in the middle of the park, to do pretty well then get dragged off.

oh well...

Pep cocked up and the players can't handle Anfield. We can either let it derail the next week or just get on with it and accept we've got a long way to go yet as a squad.

They brought everything to the table as a club, team and fans and stopped at nothing to get the result, whereas we brought what we thought would be enough. They played dirty beforehand and we let it build for 3 weeks and got the result. As fans and as a club we've had a reminder of what it takes on nights like this, something we've somewhat forgotten.

La Porte left back like a lump against who cuts in on his left. Kompany switched to left centre back all right foot-disaster waiting to happen. Danilo should have played there. But gundogan playing right side leaving a huge Robertson size hole behind him-and bottling every challenge including for the second goal.

If Sane was offside for city's then salah was offside for their first - 2-0 or 3-1 is a lot better..
Salah’s offside goal given. Sane onside goal ruled out. Decisions like that are par for the course, as far as we’re concerned, at anfield I’m afraid. Whether entirely by coincidence or design I wouldn’t like to say

Bernardo deserved to start that game after his performances against Arsenal and Chelsea. We fucked up with the starting eleven.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.