Liverpool v City 1st leg CL Qtr Final post match

We got beat we played poorly the manager got it wrong but to come on here and pick fault with individual players is just wrong

Im with you as no fucker turned up for 45 mins and even in the second half there was just nothing there tonight from anyone.

Its a shit performance and a shit result.

I am literally over it already.

We have the most expensive defence in world football yet still cannot defend under the slightest pressure.

We knew they'd come hard at us for the first quarter. All we had to do was keep it simple & take the sting out of the game. It's not Pep's nature to sit back but if you want success in the CL you have to be pragmatic. He's making the same mistakes with us as he did at Bayern.

True. He struck lightning in a bottle with Iniesta, Xavi and Messi where they could almost keep the ball at will from the get go. He doesn't have that luxury anymore.

Pschologically just absolutely weak tonight.

Pep’s starting XI played a part but we still should have played far better.

That first half was up there with one of the worst in the last 15-20 years for me.

I just wonder whether we should have been a bit more pragmatic as well. Jose gets slaughtered for his football but no way would he have lost 3-0 tonight with that City team.

We are going to have to do what Barca did to PSG last season now.

That's true about Mourinho, but the downside is we wouldnt have had a season of scintillating football we've had.

The booing of Sterling is just pathetic. Grow up FFS. You’d think he’d caused the Hillsbrough disaster the way they booed.

Fell into the trap.

Players and manager at fault tonight but yet again in a two legged tie v Liverpool they get a decisive refereeing decision go for them. First goal is often important and we were fine and in control at the start. Mentally that goal was a knock but team does need to be stronger against that lot.

What a waste.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.