It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true. But for some reason Saul with Atletico gives me the same feeling (almost) like Totti with Roma.

Bartomeu called me in the summer to tell me they needed a player of Saul Niguez's characteristics and that they intended to pay his release clause," the Atletico supremo told Onda Cero.

"What he didn't know was that, three days beforehand, we had signed a new contract and his clause went up from 80 to €150million."

Saul buy-out clause 150m euro

Yeah I think you're right sadly. I wish we could work it into the loan deals to pay them for game time. If he plays 60% of games he's fit for we give them £5 million or if he isn't playing they have to cover his wages or something.

Not just for this transfer but in general. No way we're getting value for money on Douglas Luiz loan for example, he may as well be here turning out for the under 23s.

Girona is our club. I assume if Luiz was good enough he would be playing.

Girona is our club. I assume if Luiz was good enough he would be playing.

I mean thats exactly what I'm saying isn't it? He's not good enough to play for Girona so whats the point in having him there. We should be able to recall him immediately when he isn't getting games, otherwise the whole thing is pointless, and no Girona is not our club, CFG owns less than 50%. They're just an affiliate.

Imagine next season, we're top of the league again but by only a couple of points in December, and once again we find ourselves behind at Anfield. KDB having an off day, Silva out injured - who would you like the club to have signed this summer that Pep could turn to in that kind of scenario, that could genuinely turn that kind of game around?

Is Mahrez good enough? I'm not sure he is. Whoever is, the kind of player we could bring on to turn an away defeat into a win by either brilliant individual skill or wrestling control of the game back - that is the level of player we need to sign. If he costs £100m or more so be it. Time to really grind the rags and scousers into the dirt and dominate this league.
Mido ;)

Why spend 12m pound and buy him if he wasnt good enough even for Girona !

Its pretty evident that we aren't necessarily buying players for our first team anymore, but because we believe we can ultimately make a profit on them. Mooy, Douglas Luiz, Lejeune, Mari, Moreno, Kayode, to name a few.

Some will work out very successfully, some might not, but they wont lose too much value in the meantime. We now view the transfer market as an investment opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.