James Milner

As I understand it (and may be totally wrong)
ran his contract down (which is his right)
pocketed a big signing on fee (which is his right)

BUT
waited to take the last penalty in the league cup final
and that 'whip cracking' celebration when he scored against us a few days later at Klanfield
no respect for the team and the fans so he can get to fuck

Not sure there’s any relevance to him waiting to take the last penalty against us in the cup final - presumably it wasn’t purely his decision?

Yeah, it irked me a bit seeing him celebrate like that, but then again I think it’s a bit shit when players refuse to celebrate goals against former clubs. It’s bollocks really, isn’t it? I’d want to see Sterling do an Adebayor style celebration if he scored against Liverpool, especially at Anfield.

They left with dignity and didn't slag us off? Assuming Johnson is Michael Johnson rather than Adam? Although neither really covered themselves in glory but for very different reasons
All left after the takeover and all got great receptions when playing against us. I meant Adam.

They all left on our terms, rather than their own, though. Which is presumably why they got better receptions.

All left after the takeover and all got great receptions when playing against us. I meant Adam.
Yeah they knew the score and left with dignity. Johnson always came across as a bit of a dick but that's by the by. The way we just chinned Dunne off after what he did for us didn't sit right with me but to be fair he had to go and he seems to have taken it on the chin. Unlike milner who couldn't wait to stick the boot in rather than just say thanks for the memories I'm moving on no hard feelings

They all left on our terms, rather than their own, though. Which is presumably why they got better receptions.
Even with milner leaving on his own terms, i.e running his contract down and moving on, that's fair enough, just the way he behaved afterwards and the way city fans seemingly get grief for being pissed off with him, that's what annoys me more than him moving on. He had a contract, he fulfilled it, he owes us nothing after that other than a bit of respect

Loved him when he was with us. Even named our cat after him. Turned into an ignorant **** that I wouldn't fucking piss on.
Anyone that doesn't understand why can fuck off .

Even with milner leaving on his own terms, i.e running his contract down and moving on, that's fair enough, just the way he behaved afterwards and the way city fans seemingly get grief for being pissed off with him, that's what annoys me more than him moving on. He had a contract, he fulfilled it, he owes us nothing after that other than a bit of respect

People keep saying about the way he behaved after leaving us, but other than a fairly innocuous sound bite and celebrating a goal I’m still not sure what they mean? I’m not being deliberately obstinate either. Is there some particularly damning interview that I’ve missed?!

I’m evidently in a minority here, but I’ve no beef with Milner. He was a good servant to the club, playing a big part in some of our successes, and I wasn’t that arsed when he left. He’d fulfilled his contract and was perfectly entitled to move on. Not really bothered that we missed out on a transfer fee because, well, it’s not my money and we’re hardly on the bones of our arse.

We’ve moved on to better things (he wouldn’t get in our squad now) and have just had the most successful season in our history. Don’t really get why there’s still any lingering bitterness towards him tbh.
Thing is Ric he has been a bit of a twat really.

Great pro ,but still a bit of a ****

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.