Didsbury

I would guess that the Lizzy does about £40k to 50k a week. Hard to believe, but around a decade ago I heard it was down to 7 grand a week, which is staggering for a pub of that size and location. It had been run into the ground. It was bought by JW Lees, who are good retailers (and terrible brewers) and it has to be one of their most profitable site and only set to increase as the Heatons become increasingly gentrified. If they upped their game on the food (which is ok, but nothing great) they'd have it away imo.
Your not wrong about JW's, run some great pubs, crap beer.

Yeah mate looks like it. I was out Sunday on the moor and there were 3 times the people in the Moor Top than the Liz.

The food in the Moor Top is much better than the Liz, and their Sunday roast is decent so it's always busy on Sundays. Almost exclusively aimed at people eating now though rather than drinkers.

Problem with the liz is when it goes through it’s popular stage the bar staff in numbers and fuckwittery make getting a pint a real chore. The amount of times me and the lads have walked away from there puts you off returning.

The food in the Moor Top is much better than the Liz, and their Sunday roast is decent so it's always busy on Sundays. Almost exclusively aimed at people eating now though rather than drinkers.
Fair point but the Liz end was dead all over where as Moor Top end was busy all over. You wouldnt have said that just a few years ago on a sunny Sunday. Will probably revert back to type though soon enough

Fair point but the Liz end was dead all over where as Moor Top end was busy all over. You wouldnt have said that just a few years ago on a sunny Sunday. Will probably revert back to type though soon enough

Yeah, that end of the Moor is thriving now with The Savoy, Nook, Moor Top, Roost, La Cantina, Rock Salt etc. Great to see though.

I always used to frequent the Griffin in Heaton Mersey when I lived that way. That was before they built the extension. Used to be a decent pub but not been in for 20 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.