Didsbury

Maybe something to do with 70% of staff tips going back into the till.

Yeah I’ve just read Facebook post by someone who has just left. Sounds like there could possibly be some illegal working practices going on there.

They are applying ‘admin charges’ against the hourly rates of pay for mistakes etc. If not illegal, then extremely ‘cunty’

I think the pubs let it down. They should be much better. There’s fortunes to be made for a good pub operator in Didsbury.

Something that mirrors the Plough in Harborne, in Birmingham. That place takes incredible sums of money in an area that bears the closest resemblance to Didsbury in Brum.

I know the Royal Oak used to be Martson’s biggest barrelage tenancy in the country, but last time I was in there it looked ever so tired. The Nelson is well situated, not been in for years. Used to be a big blues pub, and therefore probably still is. That unit that used to be Squires (that’s now CAU) could have been another Metropolitan if someone had possessed the vision twenty or so years ago.

Need to up its game in that department, if it’s going to be considered a truly great English suburb.

Think I read somewhere that the Metropolitan in Didsbury has the highest turnover of any pub in Britain :-)

I despise the met, it's like you are wearing your best invisible suit trying to get served, if they don't recognize you they ignore you as long as possible.

Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Think I read somewhere that the Metropolitan in Didsbury has the highest turnover of any pub in Britain :-)
Firstly depends how you define 'pub' but it would have to be six figures a week to beat the Plough at Harborne and I expect there are big boozers in London, especially ones belonging to Young's and Fullers which would take some beating. I would expect Glasgow has one or two as well. My guess, fwiw, the Metropolitan takes about 70 grand a week. I'd be surprised if it was number one, but what do I know? ;-)

Fletcher Moss is half a really nice old style boozer and half a lairy conservatory but the beer is good whichever half you're in.

Firstly depends how you define 'pub' but it would have to be six figures a week to beat the Plough at Harborne and I expect there are big boozers in London, especially ones belonging to Young's and Fullers which would take some beating. I would expect Glasgow has one or two as well. My guess, fwiw, the Metropolitan takes about 70 grand a week. I'd be surprised if it was number one, but what do I know? ;-)

It was about 5 years ago I heard that, could well be bullshit. You'd know far better than me, but I'd be surprised if Didsbury could support another pub on the scale of The Met. You couldn't hope for a better location to attract people from all over south Manchester, and the beer garden is an absolute sun trap.

The only pub I can think of in the suburbs that probably comes close to it is The Elizabethan in Heaton Moor, and I bet that doesn't take half the money that The Met does.

It was about 5 years ago I heard that, could well be bullshit. You'd know far better than me, but I'd be surprised if Didsbury could support another pub on the scale of The Met. You couldn't hope for a better location to attract people from all over south Manchester, and the beer garden is an absolute sun trap.

The only pub I can think of in the suburbs that probably comes close to it is The Elizabethan in Heaton Moor, and I bet that doesn't take half the money that The Met does.
I would guess that the Lizzy does about £40k to 50k a week. Hard to believe, but around a decade ago I heard it was down to 7 grand a week, which is staggering for a pub of that size and location. It had been run into the ground. It was bought by JW Lees, who are good retailers (and terrible brewers) and it has to be one of their most profitable site and only set to increase as the Heatons become increasingly gentrified. If they upped their game on the food (which is ok, but nothing great) they'd have it away imo.

I think the Liz could have peaked and is on its way down again . Allways seems the way there .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.