Didsbury

Used to love west didsbury in the late 90’s, the Met was great in the summer evenings. Never saw any bother around that neck of the woods either.

Here you go, mate:

Ha that was the one, shame didsburys a bit down market now the republic of chorltonia has creeped up (beech rd ponces).

I love how people are trying to get excited Leve is next, it's a fucking dump in places, like to see them gentrify the horseshoe fiddlers and union.

I always used to frequent the Griffin in Heaton Mersey when I lived that way. That was before they built the extension. Used to be a decent pub but not been in for 20 years.

My Mam lives within spitting distance and I always nip in when I’m up that way. Still a nice enough pub with decent ale and cheap to boot.

Ha that was the one, shame didsburys a bit down market now the republic of chorltonia has creeped up (beech rd ponces).

I love how people are trying to get excited Leve is next, it's a fucking dump in places, like to see them gentrify the horseshoe fiddlers and union.

Ha, yeh I've got a mate from Longsight who owns a house in Levenshulme and he's getting excited at all the Hipsters moving in, thinking it's going to be the next Chorlton!

The fact there's a train to Piccadilly every 10 minutes helps it, and there is the odd Hipster café popping up , but like you say it's got a long way to go. But I guess Brick Lane was similar 20 years ago and that's Hipster heaven now.

Ha, yeh I've got a mate from Longsight who owns a house in Levenshulme and he's getting excited at all the Hipsters moving in, thinking it's going to be the next Chorlton!

The fact there's a train to Piccadilly every 10 minutes helps it, and there is the odd Hipster café popping up , but like you say it's got a long way to go. But I guess Brick Lane was similar 20 years ago and that's Hipster heaven now.

Have a mate too lives back of the bluebell, laughs at the chorlton creepers, one arty market at weekends and a new craft bar where every pint is in 2/3 pots and cost over 4 quid don't make it posh yet.

I go Leve sometimes tbf as it is staight up the fallowfield loop from abbey hey as freds is a decent pint, don't mind the klondyke and bluebell a nice boozer, bar that though it's pretty much like any other neglected part of manchester also, no vegan hairdressers yet.
No one mentions the park back of the horseshoe has been beset with assaults and molestations the last year in the gentrification articles either :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.