Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I suspect the issue is with getting trams through Piccadilly as it merges with road traffic. More trams will probably mean slower journeys and additional snarl ups. There's only one track and that's the problem.

The solution is more tracks or combining services with buses to convey passengers without needing to go through the city centre.

From a purely selfish perspective, I would have buses taking passengers to Central Park for the Rochdale line and Queens Road for the Bury line. I'm sure similar could be argued for connecting to routes going south. That requires little infrastructure investment initially. Just need to have a single ticket system. If it proves popular, then they could look at building a track up ATW.
Had no problem at Maine road. Got the 108 bus down princess parkway to northernmoor. Only problem was the horse and carts and omnibuses.

From a purely selfish perspective, I would have buses taking passengers to Central Park for the Rochdale line and Queens Road for the Bury line. I'm sure similar could be argued for connecting to routes going south. That requires little infrastructure investment initially. Just need to have a single ticket system. If it proves popular, then they could look at building a track up ATW.

That's a great idea. You could extend it to Ashburys Station and connect with the people who get off there. Then on to Belle Vue to connect with Hyde Road buses, and at the other end to Cheetham Hill Road to connect with the Bury and Blackley buses. You could call it something imaginative like "The 53 route". (Yeah, i know it still exists but it's about every half hour at best instead of every 2 minutes as it used to be when buses were run for the public and not for sheer profit.)

Was using Google earth to look at a site in Manchester today and noticed the disused viaduct at Ardwick that joins the goods line that runs north to south just West of the Etihad Campus. If this could be rebuilt then Manchester would have a loop line through both main stations which would be ideal to take fans to and from the ground. It would also ease congestion on the tram system in the city centre. Sadly it also looks like HS2 will pop out from it's tunnel and go straight through the viaduct on its way to a new platform near Piccadilly. Seems a sad waste of an opportunity.

There seems to have been a glut of concerts at the stadium this past 3 or 4 weeks. Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift and now Beyonce and Jay Z. I presume that, with us not owning the stadium, we get the square root of fuck all from these events?

There seems to have been a glut of concerts at the stadium this past 3 or 4 weeks. Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift and now Beyonce and Jay Z. I presume that, with us not owning the stadium, we get the square root of fuck all from these events?
City earn 1 million a concert out of it

We have a finance lease on the ground which is the same as owning it. Income is received from events like these and expenses are incurred for it's maintenance/expansion.

Interesting. The concerts at the Etihad over the years.

Wikipedia.

IMG_3435.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.