Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

If we went down the route of safe standing though..it could be an option for that section..with no allocated seats
... but then you get the problem of crowd build up to get in... and what happens when there is no more space? Where do the waiting people go, you get a Hillsborough type situ - it’s not going to happen from security or safety point of view.

Seats or safe standing will have to be ticketed and pre paid.

Can you pay on the day anywhere? I wanted to go and watch the Conference play-off a few years ago at the Etihad and although there were only around 18,000 present tickets had to be bought in advance so I couldn't go.

Thoughts on a new North Stand.

The problem with having an entire two tiered end to the stadium dedicated to kids is that it leads to many fans there not coming to night games because they don't want to keep their kids up late etc. There's a number of parents in there who aren't even into football but bring their football loving kids due to the relatively cheap ticket prices. That stance means it's quite easy for them not to come when there's a bit of rain or it's a late KO.

To a lesser extent this does impact other parts of the ground, but from someone overlooking the whole ground, and knowing people in the Family Stand, it's clear we need to do something about this end of the stadium when redevelopment starts.

At the end of the day, a two tiered family stand covering the whole area behind the goals is never going to be good for atmosphere or aesthetics, and I say this as a former Family Stand graduate! :)

What I would like to see from a redeveloped North Stand:

- Make the entire lower tier safe standing when the legislation changes.

- Redevelop the upper tier into a larger single tier as per the below images.

- Allocate some seats to the family stand lower tier movers to the current family stand upper tier.

- Allocate 3-4 family blocks in another area of the ground for the majority of the family stand lower tier movers, or put them at the front of the newly expanded 2nd tier.

- Offer movers family stand priced tickets in any area of the ground.

Some people will obviously be unhappy with the re-shuffle but it's definitely required to improve atmosphere and we need to take it on the chin while making sure the movers are looked after with cheaper tickets for a year or two, and with first choice as to where they sit.

image.png

image.jpg

+ as i mentioned earlier in this thread - redevelop the back of this stand (city square) to incorporate a stage, food, bars, shop, ticket office all the way down to the tram stop and have the whole lot under one roof like a mini shopping centre - something like the printworks.

I would like to see a raised walkway (maybe two) all the way around the outside of the stadium, that can double up as extra space at half time

I would expect the design of the whole Etihad Campus master plan to be made public in one go. A bit like the CFA was.

Think MCC, City, MU and the Architects have been drawing up the plans/propsals for sometime on the QT.

That's not to you say the plans won't be delivered in stages. It's a toss up between the MU Sports Science Campus, Wider Etihad Campus, or Collar site Entertainment Venue, which starts first.

Hopefully the plans will finally be made public in 2018. It's already been a long wait. Hopefully it will be worth the wait?

Last edited:
Today on the Spurs OS.

Look at the size of the single tier stand at one end of the new Spurs stadium.

Sheikh Mansour, Khalddon and Soriano should be looking at something similar for the NS.

IMG_1716.jpg

IMG_1717.jpg

Personally I don't get all this clamour for a one tier end, because the Kippax wasn't a end. It's not how many tiers a stand as, it's people will to sing that counts.

Personally I don't get all this clamour for a one tier end, because the Kippax wasn't a end. It's not how many tiers a stand as, it's people will to sing that counts.

No.

Because a single tier does exactly that. It get's 1000's singing together. The KOP, the Stratford End, the Yellow Wall, etc. You don't get level two of the East stand ,or Level 2 of the South Stand singing along with the lower levels of those stands. If the SS was a single tier, and the away fans were elsewhere in the Etihad, I guarantee you most of the SS single tier would join in singing. Perhaps not all the time, but much more than they do now with 3 separate tiers, and corporate area's.(SS level 2)

No.

Because a single tier does exactly that. It get's 1000's singing together. The KOP, the Stratford End, the Yellow Wall, etc. You don't get level two of the East stand ,or Level 2 of the South Stand singing along with the lower levels of those stands. If the SS was a single tier, and the away fans were elsewhere in the Etihad, I guarantee you most of the SS single tier would join in singing. Perhaps not all the time, but much more than they do now with 3 separate tiers, and corporate area's.(SS level 2)

I could be wrong but I thought a single tier wasnt possible without completely demolishing the stand with a reduced capacity and ruled out for that reason. Think a two tier option is the best we can hope for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.