Alan Sugar

Aha, another 'intellectual' demonstrating his superiority. Thank you so much for that, I'll try to remember my place in future. Its just lawyers like me tend to need evidence before calling people racist, and, while I agree the photo was probably fake, all you superior chaps have failed the evidence test.
You’re a lawyer and didn’t see the photo was not real.

Aha, another 'intellectual' demonstrating his superiority. Thank you so much for that, I'll try to remember my place in future. Its just lawyers like me tend to need evidence before calling people racist, and, while I agree the photo was probably fake, all you superior chaps have failed the evidence test.

The evidence test to prove or disprove that Senegal players posed on a pitch in front of a live worldwide tv audience with sunglasses and bags laid out on a towel.

Really, how about if you watched the game on the tv and noticed that didn’t happen and the next day you seen the photo, are you to believe that it is probably a photoshop job now ?

Lawyers are “probably” money grabbing cunts but I may need some more evidence to prove or disprove that sentence.

If your joke is essentially "here are some black people, I once saw some other black people, they are probably the same people", then you are a fucking moron. That's not even a joke, it's just shit.

God i'm glad someone has pointed this out. It wasn't even a joke, it's just shit and, in my view, racist.

Racism comes in many shapes and forms and whilst I agree that Alan Sugar probably doesn't actively hate black people, his joke does betray the fact he probably holds some racist views and assumptions about black people. There's certainly some kind of "othering" going on in his head if that's the kind of thing that springs to mind when he sees some black people and he expects other people to be on his wavelength with that too. He should have just apologised straight away.

For somebody to see a group of black athletes, competing at the absolute pinnacle of their profession and their brain somehow associate that with people selling counterfeit goods on a beach thousands of miles away, IS disrespectful and offensive. I don't even know how he made that reach, there's no other elements at play that lead you to make that association. They're not on a beach, there's no items floating around that people would usually sell on a beach and they're not dressed like beach vendors. It's literally only the colour of their skin he's going off there.

If you went to see a doctor and he was black, would you make the joke "oh it's funny seeing you here, think i saw you selling knock off sunglasses on the beach in Marbella last week." Of course you wouldn't.

He fucked up and he should have held his hand up. Those who are trying to suggest the people pulling him up on it are somehow in the wrong need to go for a lie down.

God i'm glad someone has pointed this out. It wasn't even a joke, it's just shit and, in my view, racist.

Racism comes in many shapes and forms and whilst I agree that Alan Sugar probably doesn't actively hate black people, his joke does betray the fact he probably holds some racist views and assumptions about black people. There's certainly some kind of "othering" going on in his head if that's the kind of thing that springs to mind when he sees some black people and he expects other people to be on his wavelength with that too. He should have just apologised straight away.

For somebody to see a group of black athletes, competing at the absolute pinnacle of their profession and their brain somehow associate that with people selling counterfeit goods on a beach thousands of miles away, IS disrespectful and offensive. I don't even know how he made that reach, there's no other elements at play that lead you to make that association. They're not on a beach, there's no items floating around that people would usually sell on a beach and they're not dressed like beach vendors. It's literally only the colour of their skin he's going off there.

If you went to see a doctor and he was black, would you make the joke "oh it's funny seeing you here, think i saw you selling knock off sunglasses on the beach in Marbella last week." Of course you wouldn't.

He fucked up and he should have held his hand up. Those who are trying to suggest the people pulling him up on it are somehow in the wrong need to go for a lie down.

Well said.

Bin-fucking-go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.