Alan Sugar

God i'm glad someone has pointed this out. It wasn't even a joke, it's just shit and, in my view, racist.

Racism comes in many shapes and forms and whilst I agree that Alan Sugar probably doesn't actively hate black people, his joke does betray the fact he probably holds some racist views and assumptions about black people. There's certainly some kind of "othering" going on in his head if that's the kind of thing that springs to mind when he sees some black people and he expects other people to be on his wavelength with that too. He should have just apologised straight away.

For somebody to see a group of black athletes, competing at the absolute pinnacle of their profession and their brain somehow associate that with people selling counterfeit goods on a beach thousands of miles away, IS disrespectful and offensive. I don't even know how he made that reach, there's no other elements at play that lead you to make that association. They're not on a beach, there's no items floating around that people would usually sell on a beach and they're not dressed like beach vendors. It's literally only the colour of their skin he's going off there.

If you went to see a doctor and he was black, would you make the joke "oh it's funny seeing you here, think i saw you selling knock off sunglasses on the beach in Marbella last week." Of course you wouldn't.

He fucked up and he should have held his hand up. Those who are trying to suggest the people pulling him up on it are somehow in the wrong need to go for a lie down.
I still want to know if the picture was real or a fake.

100% racist and I'm staggered someone in the public eye thought it would be a good idea to tweet that out.

We live in an age where people are actively looking to be offended. Not themselves of course but for others.
It really is all a bit dreary.

Everyday you hear someone calling someone racist or being offended. Neither should have any value unless it's real. I'm shocked 40 year old men are turning into offended millenials

God i'm glad someone has pointed this out. It wasn't even a joke, it's just shit and, in my view, racist.

Racism comes in many shapes and forms and whilst I agree that Alan Sugar probably doesn't actively hate black people, his joke does betray the fact he probably holds some racist views and assumptions about black people. There's certainly some kind of "othering" going on in his head if that's the kind of thing that springs to mind when he sees some black people and he expects other people to be on his wavelength with that too. He should have just apologised straight away.

For somebody to see a group of black athletes, competing at the absolute pinnacle of their profession and their brain somehow associate that with people selling counterfeit goods on a beach thousands of miles away, IS disrespectful and offensive. I don't even know how he made that reach, there's no other elements at play that lead you to make that association. They're not on a beach, there's no items floating around that people would usually sell on a beach and they're not dressed like beach vendors. It's literally only the colour of their skin he's going off there.

If you went to see a doctor and he was black, would you make the joke "oh it's funny seeing you here, think i saw you selling knock off sunglasses on the beach in Marbella last week." Of course you wouldn't.

He fucked up and he should have held his hand up. Those who are trying to suggest the people pulling him up on it are somehow in the wrong need to go for a lie down.

Hear hear

Excellent post

Good post.

At what point won't we be able to say scousers are thieving bin dipping candle lighting bottle throwing twats?
Nail on head.

And what's amusing is that the same people who complain about "racism" here wouldn't bat an eyelid if exactly the same stereotyping joke was made about a group of white people, which suggests they are the ones who are racist in the first place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.