World Cup VAR

Apart from it wasn't. The ref was just waiting until the player got himself to his feet
You don't really believe that do you ? Someone had has a word in his ear, not that this is new, its been happening for a while now in the PL.

Just watching the rugby version of VAR, it works, and it works because everyone is aware of what is happening, nothing is hidden from view, not the players, not the paying public, not the commentators or pundits. It has to go that way to work successfully, and there be to be no suspicions that decisions are being made in favour of certain teams/bodies.

Its had some good and some bad in the last few days, the ref that changed his mind yesterday being the best, because it was a shit decision first time. One thing it is highlighting, is how some of these decision are very tight, even with help.

The ref in the Germany game tonight, clearly didn't want help, its the second game he's done, and the second time he's not given something he should have reviewed.

You don't really believe that do you ? Someone had has a word in his ear, not that this is new, its been happening for a while now in the PL.

Just watching the rugby version of VAR, it works, and it works because everyone is aware of what is happening, nothing is hidden from view, not the players, not the paying public, not the commentators or pundits. It has to go that way to work successfully, and there be to be no suspicions that decisions are being made in favour of certain teams/bodies.

Its had some good and some bad in the last few days, the ref that changed his mind yesterday being the best, because it was a shit decision first time. One thing it is highlighting, is how some of these decision are very tight, even with help.

The ref in the Germany game tonight, clearly didn't want help, its the second game he's done, and the second time he's not given something he should have reviewed.

Again. What specific decisions has the ref gone to VAR and given a decision which the fans and viewers are unaware of ?

Watch the end of the Australia Ireland game today and you'll see a rugby referee trying to abuse VAR/TMO. It's less open to abuse than refereeing without VAR and more accurate. He wanted a reason to give a decision he knew was wrong and knew he couldn't give it without referring to the TMO, the TMO couldn't give it without clear and obvious evidence and ran him.

Watch the end of the Australia Ireland game today and you'll see a rugby referee trying to abuse VAR/TMO.
I'm not sure why you would try and abuse it when its as open as in rugby ?

knew he couldn't give it without referring to the TMO, the TMO couldn't give it without clear and obvious evidence and ran him.
I'm not sure what you mean at the end of that sentence ?

(Oh and just for clarity for our west ham viewer, I'm in favour of it being brought into football, but its needs some changes in my opinion.)

I'm not sure why you would try and abuse it when its as open as in rugby ?

I'm not sure what you mean at the end of that sentence ?
I told you, he knew he was wrong yet went to VAR/TMO hoping to get a decision. It was a ball thrown straight out of play by Australia on a red clock and he was looking for a marginal knock on by Ireland that didn't happen and wouldn't have been deliberate if it happened.

He was ran, ie told to fuck off. TMO explained very clearly that there was no clear and obvious evidence so outside his mandate and then overruled him on making Ireland take a lineout by rightly telling him the clock was red and the game over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.